PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sheureka is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Does anyone have a tracking program they would recommend? I go ATV a lot and hiking and would like to track my routes. I need something to go on my Mogul for collecting the tracks and hopefully something that can be uploaded to a laptop and then edited like giving the tracks names and colors etc.
Check out Franson's GPSGate - http://www.franson.com/gpsgate/ - it saves tracking information, allows you to share your location, allows use of more than one gps app at the same time, allows tracking on GoogleEarth (with a desktop client), and lots of other stuff. There's a 14-day free trial.

I also use BackCountry Navigator - http://www.backcountrynavigator.com/. It's cool because it allows you to just download TerraServer maps and USGS waypoints. There's a 21-day free trial for it. - sheureka

PS - I replaced my GlobalSat (wouldn't hold a charge) with the OnCourse (http://www.buygpsnow.com/OnCourse-Bl...bled)_882.aspx) because it was really cheap and I needed something quickly. I used it for a week in a rental car in San Diego and was very, very pleased with it. It's on sale right now for only $39.99. - sheureka

Last edited by sheureka; 11-25-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Thank you very much for the recommendations, I will try them out asap.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
There is also another program called Tracky that uses Google Maps and you can log multiple routes and share info with other people, you can check it out at Tracky's web site.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 11-26-2007, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
RANT: Screw developers who always want more from their current clients by CONSTANTLY upgrading to a new version, upgrade costs at most should only be the difference of what you paid and what it cost a new client to get the same thing. If the new version improved the product so much more than charge everyone more. Screw a developer who socks it to the guy who supported him when his product lacked and trys to help him by make recommendations how the product should be better and then turns around and charges him 50% more each time he comes out with a "new version". i.e. tracky....pisses me off. Makes a guy want to turn into a pirate. RANT DONE

Last edited by fat boy; 02-21-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Freedom Keychain GPS SiRF III Receiver

Have been using it for about 4 months now. I leave it dangling from my car keys as I drive and it is able to track reliably. Works well with Iguidance 4.0 running on MicroSD Card (6GB). Keep in mind the passcode for this device is 1234 and not the standard bluetooth 0000. It also needs to have an outgoing com port setup prior to attempting to locate it with GPS software.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan