PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jfol01 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jfol01 Send a message via Yahoo to jfol01
Cool new bluetooth gps device

Hey. I just wanted to share this with everyone. I found this keychain gps reciever that is supposed to work and sync via bluetooth to your phone. I am ordering one and will post back as soon as I try it out.

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05...687&t_mode=des
Old 11-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
pretty kewl.. but $$
there is a couple on ebay for 98 bucks with shipping.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by andason View Post
pretty kewl.. but $$
there is a couple on ebay for 98 bucks with shipping.
My friend has on and it does NOT work well at all unless you take it off you key chain and put in on the front of the dash board

Guess this product is.......(see pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66470098.jpg (73.4 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
the casing appears kinda cheap in this big pic.

I wonder if you could take it apart and put it inside your phone : )

http://images.marketworks.com/fullVi...reedom-gps.jpg
Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor
I don't agree with the 2 posts above. I have had this device for a few weeks and could not be happier with it. I find it to be very accurate, sometimes picking up to 11 satellites. Battery life is never an issue for me. The device built is pretty decent, I think it is built pretty well.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

is it just snapped together plastic casing or what?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:10 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
There is a large thread about this gps & the Mogul over at pdaphonehome which should answer most questions. According to that thread, Version 2 is about to come out at $89 shipped, so you might want to hold off on ordering the old version 1.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...-receiver.html

Last edited by stroths; 11-25-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

n32jk is a n00b
Well the sirf III is good and probably helps the aquistion and signal strength limitations due to positioning, but gps units still work better with a clear shot at the sky. Dangling from the ignition is a crap shoot depending on the vehicle. My favorites are the slightly larger ones that have the photo cells to help keep the battery charged. I have never run out of juice using mine. It also has 8 mb data logging onboard, for about 65 bucks. I do wish it were sirfIII, but you can't have everything. I would say about this unit,,,looks cute, but there are as good or better units for far less cost.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Quote:
but gps units still work better with a clear shot at the sky
This used to be my experience as well till lately. My first Bluetooth GPS (older) was "BlueGPS" made by Royaltek. It was good and connected well with my mogul but I had to have the unit on the dash, period. I even bought an external antenna and plastered it to the glass for good reception. Then I bought a "WondeX BT-760Y BT GPS" by GiSTEQ because a lot of positive things were being said about its new chip. It was quirky to connect to my Mogul and not much better in the reception area, I generally feel it was a waste of money and should've stayed with my Royaltek. Then I read an interesting post were individuals claimed spectacular reception with their GPS unit. One gal even said she kept it in her purse and got great reception. I was like BS big time but I got hooked and bought it. It's the "Holux GPSlim 240 Bluetooth Wireless GPS" and it has the SiRF StarIII High Sensitive Chipset with 20 parallel satellite-tracking channels for fast acquisition and reacquisition. It has worked flawlessly for me on the key chain, usually getting 7-11 pickups. Then I did the unthinkable and put it in my computer bag with the top open, there was at most an opening of about one inch at the top. When I put it in I had already connected to 9 satellites. I was using Google Maps on my Mogul and my drive to work is 30 miles for about 45 minutes and yes it got me all the way there with a minimum of 7 connections. I just could not believe it. It connects to my Mogul the best of the three I've owned. When I am at anyones house or at my office I stay connected, in fact the only time I have not been connected is when I have gone through a tunnel. As far as I'm concerned this unit is small and amazing! I paid a total of 69.95 on ebay.

Does anyone have a tracking program they would recommend? I go ATV a lot and hiking and would like to track my routes. I need something to go on my Mogul for collecting the tracks and hopefully something that can be uploaded to a laptop and then edited like giving the tracks names and colors etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Holux240.jpg (32.4 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fat boy; 11-25-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have the Honux M1200 keychain GPS for about two months(got it from eBAY for $60),it device was incredible sensitive,but the build quality was so so,I had to exchange twice for the past 2 months(first time was did not connect to my Mogul at all,second time was the battery issue,it would not charge at all when plugged in to the charger)but overall,it's pretty damn good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan