PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have corrected a problem in this rom, that eliminates the possible memory conflicts caused by the "hacky" method i used to make this rom.

Given that i'm gonna build a new rom, that is stock {except i absolutely must have the free games on it} along with a rework for the autoconfig that removes the parts i consider "junkware". I'll post that, and then we'll go back to worrying about a good kitchen model for this.

Even if this is NOT the FIX for bluetooth, i believe that the consensus is that at this time this is the BEST solution we have for bluetooth on this device, and many users will want to consider testing this rom. The # of problems and errors appear to be significantly lower. Note that this is not gonna be one of those "custom roms" where things will be added and subtracted and fixed often. Consider this to be a "sprint rom with less lockups", and we'll let the team of rom-developers take it from there. I'm not going to be able to provide the kind of support and tweaking the other developers have, this rom is going to be devoted to simply reducing the PAIN in the original roms.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sounds like a plan, dude. Let's get crackin...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:24 AM
N00b

ktwombley is a n00b
I've been running the ROM for a couple hours now and did a bunch of testing with bluetooth. SO FAR I cannot get the dpad to stop working, nor has my BT radio turned off inexplicably.

I don't want to jinx anything, but...

sha-zam!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

macevedo is just getting started
sfaure, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I've run the ROM overnight and it is still working and without lock-ups. I am using the 1.40 radio. The memory leaks seem to have stopped, or at least are under control. I left the following programs running over night:

SPB Pocket Plus
SPB Phone Suite
SPB Diary
SPB Mobile Shell
Bluetooth Turned on, connected to headset.
I left the phone charging in a part of my house that constantly changes between EVDO and 1X.

With the 2.09 ROM If I left all these programs running the memory would be gone by morning. I still have 14MB Left of RAM (which, with mobile shell running over night is plenty)

With the 2.16 with 1.47 the phone would turn on and immediately lock up in that part of the house that I left it charging. I am not using 1.47 though, so it is expected that it would not lock up.

Will you be replacing the radio with 1.47 in the rom you are working with? I would rather have my choice of radio.

sfaure: I can help out in buiding CABS for files and registry entries if you need help with that. Let me know.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
I ran the latest one in sfaure's directory.. even though the file says 1.40 radio when i restarted it says 1.47.. any ideas? I haven't had lock ups after a few hours but I did have d_pad issues.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up

sfaure,
Once you have a tested ROM with the BT fixes, are you planning on creating a new post with instructions, details, etc?

Thanks again for your hard work!

I understand how Sprint and HTC do it now. They don't fix crap! They release something that doesn't work at all, wait for the gurus on this site to fix what they couldn't, and then they plagiarize the great work here and call it their own! I think that both companies would fair a lot better if they would fire the "engineering staff" and recruit right from here. There is a GREAT idea for a new sticky!! "Post you resume for HTC and Sprint tech positions"!! I LOVE IT! (stepping down from soapbox now)
Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Hey, all. Is there a chance that all of these problems could be caused by the comm manager? Some of you know that I've been playing around with this idea. My phone is working perfectly by using effcomm instead of CommManager. Here is a quote from a different thread. Maybe I'm just lucky, but try it. It, definately, can't hurt.

matt

"No one is going to beleive this, but I have had no problems at all since I loaded this effcomm radio toggle program. Ran GPS bt and bt audio simultaneously and drove through several market coverage areas with roaming and 1x coverage. No hitches! I will be driving through a very weak att covered area, today, and I am going to run the gps and audio all the while. To me, this phone is, now, what I expect out of it prior to the Rev A update (word is that it will be out prior to Thanksgiving). I would like to see how other people's device will act with this fix. I am serious! No bugs, at all! No D-Pad. No Lock-ups. No BT cut-outs. Nothing. Give it a try."
Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Sorry, but mostly the answers to these questions is gonna be "no".

I will not be further supporting this rom. As I have stated, this "tweak" appears to make a more stable point for users to run from than the released rom from the carrier and manufacturer. I was very particular in not deviating from the released roms any more than the particular tweak that appears to work. No I am not convinced that this IS the problem with the ROM. As to the COMM Manager, yes we have had several discussions regarding its possible part in this issue and others and it was one of the ideas i was looking into when i got my fingers on copies of the Touch Rom. I will likely play around with that some more.. So dont be shy.. Toss you're ideas out there

My goal here was to give back to this community by using my understandings and skill set for the rom development for this device. Indeed members of the Rom Devel group here on the site pushed me into this attempt. I never intended to actually make a supported rom that addresses a lot of problems, only to go seek and find some work around for a thorny issue with this device.

Never fear though. The information and detail of what I have done with this rom was and is being directly shared with the contributors of this site who do indeed work to make and support roms for the community. They will, likely, take this "fix" and further refine it so that it only the "necessary" changes are made and will back-port it into the other roms.

Yes, I miss-named the file when I rar'd it up. Yes the one posted DOES include the 1.47 radio but I named the pushed file as if it included the 1.40 rom. My mistake.

Yes, one of the other issues being investigated and hunted is the dpad issues. No it was not my intent on this work to try and address that issue. Some have said it works better etc, and I'm pleased if it does help some, but I wasnt trying to work that. The community will continue to evolve this work and get a solution that does address this and other issues on this device. Who knows, the rom-devel team here may tell me thats the next thing they want me to "dig on". If so I will tweak with it and see what i can do.

I will only be doing three more things regarding this thread though.

1. I will get my "naming error" corrected regarding the radio.
2. I will load a ROM up that DOES have the 1.40 radio attached.
3. I will loda a ROM that has the 1.32 radio.

I think the radio is also a contributor to some issues, so by offering roms pre-loaded with the different radios i'm simply trying to make sure that users who have issues swapping their radio in and out can do so easier.

I will not be bothered, though, if some other member of the community wanted to put together something that the ops could link to or sticky, so that newbies could get to this solution faster w/o less hunting. I've done my part on this.. Maybe some others would like to lead the charge taking this effort and furthering it on for users. It will not offend me in the least if somebody wanted to go do that.

Enjoy

Last edited by sfaure03; 11-09-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

biglee is just getting started
Great work. I'm still more stable than I've been with the phone since purchase. I intend on trying your new upload later today to see if it helps the dpad issue by changing the radio.

My dpad has been working fine today. It did lock up slightly last night when phone and headset were seperated, but when they were back together, it seemed to resolve itself. Almost seemed like it wasn't the dpad but was like a memory issue. Who knows.

All I know is that the bluetooth is a bazzillion times better than anything to date. I actually had to turn it down today which is a shock. Everyone said sound is great and I've put around 75 minutes of calls in this am alone.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
I think you're far to hasty to use a phrase like "memory issue". That sounds far more to me like a sleep/resume issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan