PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETphoneHOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
is this still safe to use with DCD 3.0.0 and Sprint Radio 3.35.04
Dude! Did you not read a few pages back? We were discussing this issue.
Doesn't appear to work w/ DCD's newest ROM, but has anyone tried this on another ROM w/ Radio ver 3.35? basically is it an issue w/ the Radio or ROM?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
Doesn't appear to work w/ DCD's newest ROM, but has anyone tried this on another ROM w/ Radio ver 3.35? basically is it an issue w/ the Radio or ROM?
i first started with DCD 3.0.1. for a couple day then moved to no2 5054, and with both of them, i couldnt get the BT DUN working at all.
the DUN hack i was using successfuly with my stock rom/radio, no longer would work.
i chalked it up to not caring though, as now i can use ICS with these newer roms, making the DUN connections irrelevant...... right ?
Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
i first started with DCD 3.0.1. for a couple day then moved to no2 5054, and with both of them, i couldnt get the BT DUN working at all.
the DUN hack i was using successfuly with my stock rom/radio, no longer would work.
i chalked it up to not caring though, as now i can use ICS with these newer roms, making the DUN connections irrelevant...... right ?
Well, there's advantages to using the Wmodem vs the ICS as outlined at the beginning of this thread, however none of which appeal to me personally, and hence ICS is required on the latest of ROMs that im running (props to no2chem) therefore making it a mute point, since what i have works for my needs, however there's gonna be someone that will want this to work w/ the latest DCD and No2 ROMs - then again, maybe not...
Old 04-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pitdogs is a n00b

I followed the Instruction to a T, and had the 6800 tethered corretly on my laptop; however, I cannot get my bluetooth to connect.

My laptop sees the Mogul as a Standard Bluetooth Modem. When I set up a dial up connection, it gives me the error code 67....

Note: I can use the phone using WModem with USB and ICS via bluetooth. I cannot use WModem via bluetooth.

Also, I didn't use the PAM, since I didnt have the option to use Phone as Modem from my modem tab on Manage my connections on the Mogul Phone.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitdogs View Post
I followed the Instruction to a T, and had the 6800 tethered corretly on my laptop; however, I cannot get my bluetooth to connect.

My laptop sees the Mogul as a Standard Bluetooth Modem. When I set up a dial up connection, it gives me the error code 67....

Note: I can use the phone using WModem with USB and ICS via bluetooth. I cannot use WModem via bluetooth.

Also, I didn't use the PAM, since I didnt have the option to use Phone as Modem from my modem tab on Manage my connections on the Mogul Phone.
I had the same issue. . see my post here, for my very odd (but simple) way in which i am now able to BT Tether...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...280#post246280
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in my responses, I'll be updating all my tutorials (Opera Mini, Internet Sharing, Wireless Modem, GPS) sometime next week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
I had the same issue. . see my post here, for my very odd (but simple) way in which i am now able to BT Tether...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...280#post246280
Hmm odd.

Personally when sharing via a wireless connection I prefer to use, when I can, an AdHoc Wifi connection. This can be done with ICSControl (free) or WMWiFiRouter (now commercial). I'd rather use WiFi, when I can, since (especially with Rev A), the speed of the Bluetooth transfer speed standard can be the limiting factor in Internet transfer speeds.

I don't know what problems others are running into, but I just tested Bluetooth DUN (Dial-Up Network / virtual modem) with this tutorial solution on my Mogul running NeuRom 5060 (WM 6.1 ROM), using a Dell Axim X50v running WM6 as the Bluetooth dial-up client, with no problems. I'll be loading DCD sometime next week to see if that gives me different results. Bluetooth DUN (not PAN) is the only option for some type of connections, such as when connecting to a TomTom GPS head unit to the Internet via your phone.

Last edited by TalynOne; 04-12-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

eversavage is a n00b

hello, and thanks for all the information but i'm having problems with setting the PAM. I don't see the radio "phone as a modem". I'm still using the beta rom. I can do everything else in the tutorial
I'm still connect via ICS
Old 04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by eversavage View Post
hello, and thanks for all the information but i'm having problems with setting the PAM. I don't see the radio "phone as a modem". I'm still using the beta rom. I can do everything else in the tutorial
I'm still connect via ICS
you wont see "phone as modem" - its actually hidden, sprint tactics, eh?
just use the SprintPCS connection, the settings are the exact same
Old 04-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

eversavage is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
you wont see "phone as modem" - its actually hidden, sprint tactics, eh?
just use the SprintPCS connection, the settings are the exact same
WHat do you mean the sprintPCS connection?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pitdogs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in my responses, I'll be updating all my tutorials (Opera Mini, Internet Sharing, Wireless Modem, GPS) sometime next week....

Hmm odd.

Personally when sharing via a wireless connection I prefer to use, when I can, an AdHoc Wifi connection. This can be done with ICSControl (free) or WMWiFiRouter (now commercial). I'd rather use WiFi, when I can, since (especially with Rev A), the speed of the Bluetooth transfer speed standard can be the limiting factor in Internet transfer speeds.

I don't know what problems others are running into, but I just tested Bluetooth DUN (Dial-Up Network / virtual modem) with this tutorial solution on my Mogul running NeuRom 5060 (WM 6.1 ROM), using a Dell Axim X50v running WM6 as the Bluetooth dial-up client, with no problems. I'll be loading DCD sometime next week to see if that gives me different results. Bluetooth DUN (not PAN) is the only option for some type of connections, such as when connecting to a TomTom GPS head unit to the Internet via your phone.
Unless I am mistaken, you don't have a tutorial on how to connect a pc to the 6800 via bluetooth or set up the connection via bluetooth.....my laptop did detect the modem via bluetooth, installed the drivers to in and I created a dial up connection, but when I connect, I get the error code 67.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan