PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

Gilliland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by instrmntuvdeth View Post
there's a little thing in your contract that says you waive your right to class action status as well as you're right to sue. This will go nowhere
While I agree that it will go nowhere, no judge would ever uphold language like that in a contract. Sprint can put whatever they like in their contracts, but there are certain rights that you just can't overrule in that manner. Nonetheless, you're right that any talk of class action is pretty silly at this point.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
What Sprint should do is give those who bought a mogul a free ride out. Discontinue Sprint free of charge and go elsewhere. This in lieu of being able to buy any phone you'd like off ebay or whatever, pop in a sim chip and go. I have absolutely no interest in the Touch so while I don't know if I'd take Sprint up on the offer to bolt right at the moment, it would be nice to have the option available. Per the subject at hand....if I had a nickle for every time I saw "I'm gonna sue", I could retire. Still working tho...
Old 11-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeverett View Post
I have started talks with a legal firm about the possibility of starting a Class Action case. I feel that Sprint has taken its time on addressing the issues around the PPC 6800 with Bluetooth and Memory leaks. For those that are not aware the Bluetooth on the Sprint Phones is a stripped down version that is found on most to all other carriers. Sprints main reason for this is to stop people from transferring Music files or files downloaded from the Sprint Store. So this post is to start getting feedback and a place to post a link when I have one for people that want to join in on the case.

If this is not a post that should be on this site sorry to the admin in advance.
sad attempt to get people riled up - I'm sure this person has not even looked up the number for an attorney let alone called one... to say that bluetooth is stripped down on the mogul is completely false...

Last edited by holo; 11-04-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

coach_r1 is a n00b
Nonsense

First, you as the customer have to come to the realization that Sprint is not the manufactorer of these devices. Your beef is with HTC and not Sprint. Sprint is not the one who would develope a fix for these issues. Try contacting HTC before attempting any law suit. Because Sprint has a designated legal team specifically for these types of bogus law suits. Read your book and Warranty information before jumping the gun with Sprint.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

clayfu is a n00b
eh.. you can sue Sprint. You probably won't have much luck suing HTC
Old 11-04-2007, 03:45 PM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Sprint has waived all technical support from HTC...choosing to handle all issues in house. It is THEIR responsibility.

-Where do I sign-
Old 11-04-2007, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

riviera is a n00b
The fact of the matter is, pretty much all cel phone companies suck. They know that you're not gonna quit them while you're under contract, because unless you're willing to pay them an additional $200 to get out of your contract (talk about adding insult to injury!), they pretty much got you by the short and curlies. I stayed with sprint because of the speed of the internet, certainly not their customer service.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
if the class action lawsuit is ONLY to allow people to walk from their contract with no early termination fee, I MIGHT be in support of that. Those contracts often hold people prisoner while delivering crappy customer service. Although, I would argue that sprint has improved in the customer service department in the last year or so. But I think that along with walking from a contract without a fee, you should also have to give up your device.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
a lawsuit? are you serious? it would cost you less time and money to just pay your ETF and go with another carrier. this goes for anyone thats sick of Sprint, HTC, your Mogul, whoever, just cancel and move on. i understand you are frustrated and that sux. put out your paypal email and ask for donations on every forum so you can pay the ETF. in the long run you will be happier.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaegis45 View Post
When Microsoft wanted to do business in Europe the EEC sued them for unfair business practice. I think Microsoft settled the suit.
Microsoft have been sued by the US govt and have settled.
So sueing Microsoft is not out of question.

Duh... I was being obnoxious, meaning Sprint is the last person to sue over this phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan