PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

michaelj1981 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
its sad cuz sprint sells it for 549.99 or whatever but u can buy the same phone on ebay for a good less then 400 maybe if sprint dropped there price down they might sell more...
Old 11-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
The Touch doesn't have wifi OR a hardware keyboard, no thanks!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint pcs

hitmaka74 is a n00b
I actually get a paycheck from Sprint( can't tell you what I do, but I will tell you i'm internal). I have the Mogul and the Touch. The only reason I got the Touch is because I always gotta have the "new thing" and I have the access to have the "new thing". I love my Mogul due to the fact that im a text message junkie. I pretty much have my Mogul set up like the Touch and the HTC home plugin on my Mogul is actually better than the stock HTC Touch home plug. I use the HTC Kaiser plug that has the 5 touch pads compared to the 3 touch pads on the Touch. I have a 4GB card so the memory is not a issue. I have the Seidio rubberized device cover and everyone actually that I work with think that my MOGUL is the Touch. I am actually sending my Touch back due to the fact that I need the keyboard and that is what actually prevented me from purchasing the I-Phone. Don't get me wrong, The Touch is a great device but for me Im keeping my MOGUL.... If it's not broke.....don't fix it........
Old 11-03-2007, 04:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

idiotekniQues is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmaka74 View Post
The Touch is a great device but for me Im keeping my MOGUL.... If it's not broke.....don't fix it........
well the mogul, guess what, it is broke. it needs fixin.

and at this point, knowing the idiocy of sprint all too well, the touch is probably broke and will be for at least 6 months after release.

when this contract is over, i will be with verizon, no matter how much i hate them, because i dont think their expensive phones cant do basic functions like BT.

the fact that i cant get BT to work on a 550 dollar phone is unreal, when it is the law to use a headset in my state, and there is not even a built in headset jack, even after the morons at sprint/htc knew the BT was a frickin train wreck.

it is just a pure farce.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Lurker

hitmaka74 is a n00b
Well, I can honestly say that I have not had any issues with my Mogul. As far as BT, mine works. I had a PPC 6700, no issues ever, My Treo 700wx and 755p never had any problems either but I have heard of many horror stories........Maybe I'm just lucky.....
Old 11-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Lurker

hitmaka74 is a n00b
You want a good deal on the Mogul or Touch phones, just contact Account Services and threaten to cancel, they will more than likely match the online prices. They can't afford to loose any more subscriptions....It's the forth quarter and Sprint/Nextel has already reported a 77% decrease....Play " let's make a deal"
Old 11-03-2007, 05:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

Ese Joker is a n00b
every1 hates nd luvs there phone sometime o another

i agree with some of the users here sayin dat the price may decrease but not drastically i've had treos and htc devices as well as different phones from other manufactures and have always sold wat i didnt want for mo then da usual prices, but of course neva mo then da 2yr contract price fo sprint plus fo the ppl dat want da touch, give it bout a week o so till you guys start whinin bout problems and start remarking da phone 4 things u dont like member theres no perfect phone
Old 11-03-2007, 06:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Touch has no WiFi, which is a deal killer for some, including me.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

JeffdaBeat is a n00b
You also have to remember that a lot of business folks bought/buy the Mogul because the keyboard. It's by far larger than the other PDA's like the Q and the Treo's. A lot of them are not going to be willing to give that up for the semi qwerty keyboard that is on the Touch...

And correct me if you believe me wrong, but I feel like the Touch is more of a media phone. We got one in my store yesterday and it's funny how much the packaging makes it look like an iPod. Simple all black packaging in this beautiful box. Although it does use Windows Mobile, it looks more like a phone that a person has fun with than a phone that folks do business on.

Then again, everyone is looking for an iPhone.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
well, i put my mogul up on ebay last night. nothing agianst the mogul. with the few custom rom here on ppcgeeks the phone actually works pretty good.

not to start the mogul vs touch thread.... but i 'm getting one tomorrow (if not today when the store gets some in).

my phone is kind of worn. i have the seidio case/holster which has worn the paint off the device where it touches. i hope to get $200 or so. that will pay for my touch. sprint is giving me $100 off for my complaints about the mogul bt and latest rom update. that with the $150 2yr contract (upgrading one of my other lines to new 2 year), and the mail in rebate, i should get it for $150 when all said and done.

it's not a money thing, but i would like to get as much as possible out of it. that is why i listed it when i did. i figure by the end of next week... everyone will know about the touch and i didn't want to take a chance of not getting as much for it.

wish me luck, cody

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan