PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
dont we already have a dump of a 2.08 rom? i thought we got this long ago.
Any idea where it is?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Sounds, to me, like the 2.08 is the gem we should be building from (I say we as if I could ever have something to do with "building" ......ha!)

matt
i think you mean alltel 2.14
Old 11-02-2007, 03:44 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
2.08 should not be a problem if there is in fact a dump of it available somewhere. This was not possible in the beginning because the ROM would have to be rebuilt from the dump and the stock HTC bootloader would not take it. Now that we have a custom boot loader you could in reflash to this older ROM version.

However, the BT on that version of the ROM was still very bad. I had that version and don't see the point in going back to it.

The better solution is to use a custom ROM. DCD built his off the Alltel ROM which has functioning bluetooth. Colonel and No2Chem base theirs off a newer AKU of WM6.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
2.08 should not be a problem if there is in fact a dump of it available somewhere. This was not possible in the beginning because the ROM would have to be rebuilt from the dump and the stock HTC bootloader would not take it. Now that we have a custom boot loader you could in reflash to this older ROM version.

However, the BT on that version of the ROM was still very bad. I had that version and don't see the point in going back to it.

The better solution is to use a custom ROM. DCD built his off the Alltel ROM which has functioning bluetooth. Colonel and No2Chem base theirs off a newer AKU of WM6.
I had 2.08 on my Mogul and had no bluetooth issues whatsoever (I'm sure others had problems but that was certainly not my experience). While I'm sure you are correct that the custom ROM route is the way to do, for me personally I want the stock 2.08 ROM because I have a good backup of my Mogul at that ROM and that's the backup I want to use to restore my Mogul back to it's pre-2.16 state. I know I could flash back to 2.09 but that means reinstalling everything from scratch and that's a huge pain in the a$$. Having the stock 2.08 ROM would give us another option anyway so why not make it available if possible, right?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
This was posted in another thread, but nothing came of it. I can walk someone through a dump of the 2.08 rom and then i can repackage it to make a flashable rom out of it, but it is still the same OS revision as 2.09. If anyone is willing though first you will need to get your phone to run pdocread (itsme tools can be found from XDA with search) and then run a pdocread -l to test it. You may need to run the colonelMogulRegentries cab in colonels directory of the FTP first. After you are able to get that working find me in the IRC and i can work with you to get the dump. It involves using diff hex addresses that can change so i need to do this live. After that you can up the dump to the FTP and i'll compile it to a flashable format.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
This was posted in another thread, but nothing came of it. I can walk someone through a dump of the 2.08 rom and then i can repackage it to make a flashable rom out of it, but it is still the same OS revision as 2.09. If anyone is willing though first you will need to get your phone to run pdocread (itsme tools can be found from XDA with search) and then run a pdocread -l to test it. You may need to run the colonelMogulRegentries cab in colonels directory of the FTP first. After you are able to get that working find me in the IRC and i can work with you to get the dump. It involves using diff hex addresses that can change so i need to do this live. After that you can up the dump to the FTP and i'll compile it to a flashable format.
Although I don't understand all of what you wrote, it sounds good to me. If someone is able to work with you on this, would this essentially give us a ROM that is identical to the 2.08 ROM that originally came with the Mogul? In other words, if you are able to do this and make this ROM available, can we use it to flash our Moguls to their original states?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
In short, Yes.

If someone with 2.08 can get pdocread running on their device I will be able to walk them through the dump process and with those files i can build an nbh (that can be flashed with the normal rom update utility - ruu.rar in my dir on ftp)

Once again however, this is still the same Core OS revision as 2.09 so please try that in the meantime if you are having problems.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
In short, Yes.

If someone with 2.08 can get pdocread running on their device I will be able to walk them through the dump process and with those files i can build an nbh (that can be flashed with the normal rom update utility - ruu.rar in my dir on ftp)

Once again however, this is still the same Core OS revision as 2.09 so please try that in the meantime if you are having problems.
Does this mean that the ROM would not be in the form of an executable like the 2.09 and 2.16 ROMs are?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
Does this mean that the ROM would not be in the form of an executable like the 2.09 and 2.16 ROMs are?
That's correct as it will have a .nbh extension. However you do run an executable (ROMUpdateUtility.exe) to flash the nbh. This is the same thing the stock ROMs are doing but they just do it in the background for you.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
That's correct as it will have a .nbh extension. However you do run an executable (ROMUpdateUtility.exe) to flash the nbh. This is the same thing the stock ROMs are doing but they just do it in the background for you.
Is it as simple as running the ROMUpdateUtility.exe file which in turn uses the .nbh file or is there more to it than that? I haven't really looked into using any of the custom ROMs but I assume they are flashed using this same method.

I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself but I'm really hoping we can get this 2.08 ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan