PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool, how do you downgrade just the radio. Im sure its been asked/discussed somewhere before but I cant find it.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b
I just had a very interesting conversation with a young man at HTC. He was very knowledgable and friendly, and we spoke for about 15 minutes. Here is what I learned:

1. Don't call HTC for any software-related troubleshooting issues unless you are an AT&T customer. AT&T is the ONLY carrier that has a troubleshooting agreement in place with HTC.

2. The Sprint ROM is developed by Sprint and Microsoft, not by HTC. They are a hardware-only provider. HTC provides the FTP bandwidth to the carriers to host the ROM files for their HTC products (interesting) only. Anyone experiencing problems with the new ROM should be calling Sprint first and foremost.

3. Although they technically can't do anything about it, a call to HTC WILL get an escalation sent through their engineering department to Sprint.

4. I like cake. And pie.

That's it. Have a Mogulicious day, and I hope that I have somehow added a little value to your otherwise ordinary Friday.

*EDIT* WOOT! Post NUMBER 30! I am a MEMBER! I feel like Navin R. Johnson from "The Jerk", when he sees his name in the phonebook for the first time. "I'M SOMEBODY!!!"

Last edited by meatlocker; 10-26-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
What I did to downgrade the radio was after installing 2.16 i extracted the contents (Using WinRAR) of 2.16 Application to a folder on my desktop.Then I got the 1.40 radio from the FTP site (Titan-users-DCD) and just replaced the Original sprint ruu with the 1.40 Radio ruu.It will ask if you would like to replace the orignal 88.8mb with a 11.9mb file.Answer is yes.
I believe this will hard reset your phone so you will most likely loose all your data.

Last edited by Lsme420; 10-26-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ill give it a shot tonight and see what I can do. Has anyone thought about putting a 2.16 stock rom with the RUU changed out onto the ftp? (this time asking without looking as it may be done already)
Old 10-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

skatsev is a n00b
Hmm, well that didn't take long.

I installed the new ROM (skipped customizations), ran my SPB Backup restore, waited for the phone to boot up.

After it came back up, I have *no* service (usually I have 1 bar of roaming in the office), and while I was in the Comm Manager trying to figure it out, first bluetooth just turned off, then the phone hung right there in comm manager. No going to sleep or anything... just stopped responding with the screen still on (wouldn't even turn the screen off when I pressed power!).

Guess I'll go to one of the custom roms. Too bad .
Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

syntheticzero is a n00b
Hi ---newbie here. Is there any way to just replace the radio ROM without doing a hard reset/clear storage? Or do I have to flash the entire 2.16 ROM with a replaced radio, forcing me to reinstall everything?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatsev View Post
Hmm, well that didn't take long.

I installed the new ROM (skipped customizations), ran my SPB Backup restore, waited for the phone to boot up.

After it came back up, I have *no* service (usually I have 1 bar of roaming in the office), and while I was in the Comm Manager trying to figure it out, first bluetooth just turned off, then the phone hung right there in comm manager. No going to sleep or anything... just stopped responding with the screen still on (wouldn't even turn the screen off when I pressed power!).

Guess I'll go to one of the custom roms. Too bad .
Was your SPB backup one of the "Full system restore" ones? If thats the case, you cant use it as it will replace some of the new rom files with old ones, and thusly break the rom.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

idiotekniQues is a n00b
my phone seems very stable without BT on. which doesnt make me happy but just reporting it.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

idiotekniQues is a n00b
i spoke to soon. locked up after a phonecall with bt off. soft reset.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Vinny is a n00b
I've only experienced lock ups when making calls, happened twice now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan