PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I urge everyone to CALL SPRINT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS IMMEDIATELY!

Enough people called about the previous problem that Sprint got up off their behinds and released a fix (in fact, by the time I called it was already a "known issue"). If we all call and complain yet again, it might help get things in motion. The ROM is so new that no one knows of the problem yet- call *2 and complain that your device freezes and won't come out of standby after using BT!

Its really a very painless call... the tech support dept has been doing much better lately- got someone on the line in about 10 seconds.

CALL!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:40 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Not for nothing... but has anyone reported this issue to Sprint or HTC yet or intend to? I'd do it but I haven't experienced the issue yet... but it sounds like it's happening to enough people that it might turn out to be a legitimate issue. The sooner it gets reported to manufacturer, the sooner there be might be a possible fix.

EDIT: Looks like Dishe and I had the same thought

Last edited by TC1; 10-24-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Even if you haven't had the problem, if you use BT you probably will. It doesn't hurt to call and tell them something's up.

LET SPRINT KNOW they may have fixed one thing, but they MESSED SOMETHING ELSE UP!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
hmmm. i have been using it all day with no problems. 50 some phone calls, a little surfing, emails, ect. all good. i haven't loaded all the apps up yet. wanted to make sure it was running good first. i did let the crapware install.

the only stuff i have loaded....

push email
livesearch
Old 10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
hmmm. i have been using it all day with no problems. 50 some phone calls, a little surfing, emails, ect. all good. i haven't loaded all the apps up yet. wanted to make sure it was running good first. i did let the crapware install.

push email
livesearch
are you using a BT headset?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
This is 100% UNACCEPTABLE

I cannot be rebooting my phone 5 times a day because of some stupid update that may or may not have fixed the broken bluetooth!!!

Can anyone list the actions that they found in the altell rom that makes the phone freeze?
taken from "I can crash the Alltel OS" thread

"1) Answering an incoming call with my headset, whether taking it out of the charging pocket or answering with a BT softbutton, ending the call via phone or BT, and then powering off within a few seconds of going to the today screen (habit of mine). If I don't turn the phone back on within a couple seconds, it will not wake from standby and will require a soft reset. This does not happen if I answer from the phone itself, and then talk with the BT.

2) Immediately putting my headset into the charging pocket after a phone call. Doesn't matter which way I answered, but does not happen when I place the call.

3) One 3rd party software related issue --- with SPB Phone Suite installed, and set to automatic profiles, if I cause the BT pairing to drop by moving out of range or powering it off while the phone is in standby, about 50% of the time the profile will take about a minute to switch from headset to normal, and if I open the Phone software during this switching period, I get a frozen Mogul and need a soft reset."

Well I guess we are infected too now. What a bunch of BS. If you call to complain, make an effort to get Tech Support Tier2 on the line!
here is the # I have: 1-866-818-1944
Call Now!!
enjoy.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
I let the crapware install also and haven't really had any problems.

I don't use BT at all though.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
I let the crapware install also and haven't really had any problems.

I don't use BT at all though.
With BT off, the phone is just fine. I'm baffled as to why BT is causing so many problems on this device!!! If its not one problem, its another... and its not WM6 because other WM6 devices are just fine with BT...
Old 10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

push email
livesearch
I am with you. All day use and over 2 hours worth of phone calls almost all with BT, push email, live searches, and minor internet surfing. Now my d-pad stopped working from time to time requiring a soft reset, but I think that is software related. I haven't had a lock up one time.

Installed Software:

Microsoft Office 2007 w/ One Note
Live Search
HTC Home
Handmark on Demand
Arcsoft MMS
PHM Registry Editor
TNT Task Manager 2.0
DinarSoft MemMaid
Microsoft Voice Command.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Threadstarter

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor
it just happened again to me. this time, i pulled it out of my pocket and it was locked up on the home screen ad backlight on. green light still blinking, but unresponsive. help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan