PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

promatchrcr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to promatchrcr
Yeah, everything was running smoothly for me till the lock ups started. I to believe it is related to going into and out of coverage/roaming. At my office it is always on Sprint no issues, I go home and it will go in and out of roaming and it locks up over and over so I decided to go back to another ROM till things get worked out. I think I will live with what i have and be happy with it.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarukun View Post
Well, one bluetooth problem was fixed, but another cropped up for me.

Anyone else have this issue? Bluetooth turns off automatically after some random time.

I don't recall ever having this issue until I updated to the new ROM.

I did the ROM update, everything went relatively smoothly and the bluetooth was working okay for a little bit. But after some time the bluetooth would just turn off (both idle and not). I just did a hard reset w/o loading any programs at all and it still has the same symptoms.

Any ideas? Is it a defective phone? I tried a few searches but there doesn't seem to be much of any info on it.

I'm going to try a few more tests to see if there are any specific conditions for this to happen.

TIA
I too have noticed this problem, albiet sporadically. It happened to me in the middle of a call in traffic and it would not reconnect, so I was a litlle upset.
Once the call terminated, it reconnected and when I placed another call no worries.
At home same deal, I was in the middle of an incoming call and it disconnected and would not reconnect until I terminated the call and reconnected.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

bcrooker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by promatchrcr View Post
Yeah, everything was running smoothly for me till the lock ups started. I to believe it is related to going into and out of coverage/roaming. At my office it is always on Sprint no issues, I go home and it will go in and out of roaming and it locks up over and over so I decided to go back to another ROM till things get worked out. I think I will live with what i have and be happy with it.
Just did a hard reset and the problem is still there. To reproduce, all I need to do is go into the phone options and change it from Sprint Only to Automatic to Roaming (and sometimes back and forth a couple of times).

I am trying an RTN right now to see if that makes any changes.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Call!!

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO IS COMPLAINING HERE HAS CALLED SPRINT!!!!!!

Seriously you guys, complaining here does nothing- we can't do anything about it. Sprint needs to know that there is a serious problem so that they can get the ball rolling on this.

Tech support calls are painless nowadays, they have a new call center and they pick up right away.

CALL AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ROM UPDATE!!!
IF YOU HAVEN'T CALLED YET, DON'T BOTHER POSTING IN HERE! WE ALL ALREADY KNOW!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 AM
N00b

bcrooker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrooker View Post
Just did a hard reset and the problem is still there. To reproduce, all I need to do is go into the phone options and change it from Sprint Only to Automatic to Roaming (and sometimes back and forth a couple of times).

RTN didn't help. Talking with HTC right now (866-449-835 and they haven't heard about it yet. If you are having this problem, please call them.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM
N00b

bcrooker is a n00b
Quote:

Just did another hard reset and allowed the Sprint customizations to complete, and the problem is still there.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Just did another hard reset and allowed the Sprint customizations to complete, and the problem is still there.
Wht does the Sprint Customization add?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM
N00b

bcrooker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Wht does the Sprint Customization add?
Nothing useful, just some useless apps installed and a horrid default theme.

I let them complete just to be sure that the problem still existed, in case there was something that was being loaded in those customizations that would prevent the bug (maybe some configuration setting that needed to be done).
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 6800 htc pro tp2
Carrier: sprint

mdcnman6 is a n00b
you know im gonna wait alittle on this new update...from readig most of the post on this new update,it does'nt seem like any major difference
Old 10-25-2007, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
i just noticed i dont get any issues with internet sharing anymore

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan