PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I like using the htc theme. however i still get blue for scroll and background in email/txt etc?Also do i have to do 19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER again?

Last edited by badwolf; 10-24-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:56 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD AND/OR SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over again and this will only make the info more difficult to find. Help yourself and help us keep this organized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
Look at us all. Sprint has done a great job in brainwashing us. Wer happy to gain 1 meg. LOL. Still a pitty when Tilt and Touch ahve 128 or hard core ram!
You really need to go to either another cell provider and/or get another device. You keep complaining that this ROM did not do X thing when it was never announced it would. Also, don't know how you can expect a ROM update to significantly increase the amount of memory available. If you are so concerned about memory, go buy a Touch or a Tilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
Well, since no one has answered, I'll post the answer that I came up with. I found a freeware backup utility for my personal data (Contacts, etc.) that simply extracts the data from the phone and stores it into a small database on the Storage Card. It's called PIMBackup: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

However, my other questions (below) still stand. If anyone can provide a clear guide to what should be backed up and restored, and (just as important) what shouldn't, I think it would help everyone.
Thanks for mentioning PIMBackup, it has been mentioned a couple of times within this thread, so please don't think nobody answered your question. This is one of the reasons why I am asking everyone to read before posting.

The only thing I would back up is anything in your My Documents folder. As it is, I keep everything on my SD card (pictures, Word files, videos, etc.) so I don't have to worry about backing up at the time of a hard reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo4eva View Post
I am ready to install the new rom, but I am curious how i can use spb backup to restore my settings and programs with out it changing the rom back as well?
This has been said at least 5 times on this thread. It is NOT recommended to do a full restore after a ROM update. It may overwirte new ROM files with older ROM files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
OK, I've installed the new ROM and have spent most of the afternoon reinstalling my software. So far, I've encountered only one problem - when I run the HHC program, it offers to load the HTC Home plugin (as expected), but then reports "Plugin Not Found". Has anyone else seen/solved this one?

I seem to have connectivity - IE is able to access various sites successfully. WiFi is working. So that's not the problem.

Edit: I just tracked it down and installed it separately. Seems to be working correctly this way, though the auto-download is supposed to work.
I actually had this issue before this ROM upgrade, a manual install will solve it though.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:02 PM
DRC
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sptint

DRC is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to DRC
ROM update w/Sprite restore

All,
Just did the ROM update and restored from backup using Sprite Backup, absolutely flawless. Update took about 10 minutes, restore took two from SD card. The only issue I had to correct was the font size, the today screen theme and a couple of minor file sync issues, couldn't have been easier. ATC, I would highly recommend using a third party backup/restore utility to facilitate limited downtime.
Dave
Old 10-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
All,
Just did the ROM update and restored from backup using Sprite Backup, absolutely flawless. Update took about 10 minutes, restore took two from SD card. The only issue I had to correct was the font size, the today screen theme and a couple of minor file sync issues, couldn't have been easier. ATC, I would highly recommend using a third party backup/restore utility to facilitate limited downtime.
Dave
There's no way in hell you did a full Sprite restore and everything went fine. Check what ROM version you're running - I bet you're still running whatever version was previously on the phone. If not, you didn't do a full restore.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b
my Arcsoft mms does not work on this new Rom ive been trying to get it to work for about 3 hours now with no success
Old 10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
my Arcsoft mms does not work on this new Rom ive been trying to get it to work for about 3 hours now with no success
Arcsoft MMS works just fine for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Lurker

wdsoccer is a n00b
mines not goin past 37%
Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
Arcsoft MMS works just fine for me.

i dont know whats wrong, looks like i got everything setup correctly, im pissed not sure what to do now
Old 10-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Lurker

wdsoccer is a n00b
im bout to say screw it and just leave it the way it is. unless someone can tell me y its not downloading
Old 10-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Try a download manager wdsoccer... it may help by making more connections to the file, and also assist you if it stalls as you can just stop it and restart it again. Worth a shot I say...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan