View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Pibe38
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD AND/OR SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over again and this will only make the info more difficult to find. Help yourself and help us keep this organized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
Look at us all. Sprint has done a great job in brainwashing us. Wer happy to gain 1 meg. LOL. Still a pitty when Tilt and Touch ahve 128 or hard core ram!
You really need to go to either another cell provider and/or get another device. You keep complaining that this ROM did not do X thing when it was never announced it would. Also, don't know how you can expect a ROM update to significantly increase the amount of memory available. If you are so concerned about memory, go buy a Touch or a Tilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
Well, since no one has answered, I'll post the answer that I came up with. I found a freeware backup utility for my personal data (Contacts, etc.) that simply extracts the data from the phone and stores it into a small database on the Storage Card. It's called PIMBackup: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

However, my other questions (below) still stand. If anyone can provide a clear guide to what should be backed up and restored, and (just as important) what shouldn't, I think it would help everyone.
Thanks for mentioning PIMBackup, it has been mentioned a couple of times within this thread, so please don't think nobody answered your question. This is one of the reasons why I am asking everyone to read before posting.

The only thing I would back up is anything in your My Documents folder. As it is, I keep everything on my SD card (pictures, Word files, videos, etc.) so I don't have to worry about backing up at the time of a hard reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo4eva View Post
I am ready to install the new rom, but I am curious how i can use spb backup to restore my settings and programs with out it changing the rom back as well?
This has been said at least 5 times on this thread. It is NOT recommended to do a full restore after a ROM update. It may overwirte new ROM files with older ROM files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
OK, I've installed the new ROM and have spent most of the afternoon reinstalling my software. So far, I've encountered only one problem - when I run the HHC program, it offers to load the HTC Home plugin (as expected), but then reports "Plugin Not Found". Has anyone else seen/solved this one?

I seem to have connectivity - IE is able to access various sites successfully. WiFi is working. So that's not the problem.

Edit: I just tracked it down and installed it separately. Seems to be working correctly this way, though the auto-download is supposed to work.
I actually had this issue before this ROM upgrade, a manual install will solve it though.

---
Don't forget to Search first!