PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Marko86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint WM5 ROM for Mogul...

Hey Guys, I havent seen or read anything posted about this. I was wondering if you unlocked your phone with Olipro's 1.20 bootloader if there are any Sprint WM5 stock ROM's or Sprint WM5 Custom ROM's/Kitchens that are available and work for the Mogul? If anyone has experience with running a Sprint WM5 stock or custom ROM on the Mogul please post your experiences and a link to the ROM...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Unfortunately, I think everyone that got the Mogul with WM5 upgraded it to WM6 already, which means we're SOL here as I wish for the same thing.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
The Sprint Mogul shipped with WM6, there are no WM5 ROMs for the Sprint Mogul.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
The Sprint Mogul shipped with WM6, there are no WM5 ROMs for the Sprint Mogul.
WM6 was a last minute decision by sprint. All their beta and demo units ran a full fledged WM5 Sprint OS. Some retail units were accidentally shipped with this ROM on them instead of the later one.
However, only two users have ever reported having it on any of the big message boards (here, xda, and HoFo) afaik, and one of them returned it promptly for a proper WM6 one, and the other flashed it with the Sprint update to get WM6 as well.

NEITHER ONE BACKED UP THEIR ORIGINAL ROM, so, yes, we're out of luck as far as that's concerned. At this point in the game, its rather unlikely anyone else will get a unit shipped with the discarded Rom.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
EDIT: Beat me to it. Damn it.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Marko86 is a n00b
Cool thanks for the responses guys. I think I have read some people flashing there Moguls with some type on WM5, havent they? Do any of the Apaches ROM's or Kitchens work on the Mogul if its unlocked?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

No but the Alltel WM5 ROM kicks ass and is what I'm currently running on my Mogul.

If you're not well-versed in toying with flashing and running programs to fix other problems, etc., then you would do best to wait for the devs to finalize the tools.

I installed Hard-SPL, which locked my phone in bootloader, had to use a patched exit-bootloader for the Titan to get out of it, downloaded the rom update utility (RUU) for the Mogul, downloaded the barebones Alltel WM5 ROM, flashed it, it errored at the end, then it finished anyway but left me in bootloader, which I had to get out of with the bootloader utility, and then I had to hard reset one final time to remove the very last remnants of the WM6 stuff, then soft reset as soon as the installing customizations screen came up.

Just to give you an idea what you're in for.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Marko86 is a n00b
ok I have my bootloader changed to Olipro 1.20 and have all those other programs you named off. Only thing I dont have is the Alltell WM5 youre talking about. I know how to flash ROMs on the Mogul now. I believe i would need the .nbh file of the Alltell WM5. Any idea or a link to where i can get this and does anyone have a .nbh file for Sprint WM5? Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Go to the FTP, navigate to Titan folder, then Users, then ImCoKeMaN, then roms.

He's got the 6800 RUU (its different than the 6700) and the nbh files for Alltel's WM6 only OS (Titan 2.14 or something), Alltel's WM5, and someone else's WM5.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Marko86 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Go to the FTP, navigate to Titan folder, then Users, then ImCoKeMaN, then roms.

He's got the 6800 RUU (its different than the 6700) and the nbh files for Alltel's WM6 only OS (Titan 2.14 or something), Alltel's WM5, and someone else's WM5.
Very cool dude. Which WM5 do you prefer Alltels or TNZStock WM5? Have you tried both? What are the results you found?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan