PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else using WM 6.5 with Gmail IMAP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
For the first issue, try going to the Messaging Tab for that account in TouchFlo, then hit Menu -> Accounts -> Manage Accounts. Select the account you're talking about, then Send/Receive Schedule, then Advanced Settings. Change the option that says "When deleting messages" to 'Delete them off the server'. and hit Done.
So Chrysalis, did this solve your problem? It doesn't for me. I started with this setting, tried the one that says move to trash folder (or something like that), then moved back to this one.

On mine, when I set to delete off the server, it just marks them read and doesn't move them out of the Gmail Inbox like it used to on my HTC Touch (WM 6.1). When I set it to move to trash folder, it doesn't even mark them read.

This is really strange because these are the exact settings I had in my Touch and I compared them item by item. Also, this happens on two different Gmail accounts. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
N00b
Carrier: VZ

chrysalis is a n00b

Yes, it solved the problem on my phone. When I deleted messages on my Imagio, I won't see them in my email program later (Thunderbird, which may not matter)
Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b

Hmmm, well that is darned peculiar. I can't imagine what I can be doing differently, especially since these very same accounts worked perfectly with my WM 6.1 version of the same email app. If it was happening to other Gmail users, then I'd figure they'd changed something about the email app, but it looks like I'm the only one. If anyone else runs across this thread and has any ideas, please drop a reply. I'm completely out of ideas.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b
Re: Anyone else using WM 6.5 with Gmail IMAP? ***Fixed***

I found the answer. It is an innocuous little setting in the email program on the WM 6.5 phone. First, you must have the 'Delete items off server' setting that Fwaits mentioned in post #3. But that won't work alone.

Open the Email program but don't choose an email account to view. Select Menu/Options. Now instead of choosing a specific account for editing, click the 'Storage' tab at the bottom of the screen for settings that control all accounts. Open the drop-down box under the item called 'Empty deleted items' and choose 'Immediately'. (I had it on 'Manually.) Now your IMAP messages will be deleted from your Gmail inbox when you delete them on your Windows Phone.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Good find, mine defaults to On Connect/Disconnect and works fine, not sure why yours got set on Manual as I've never had to change that setting from the default. Anyway, glad it's working properly now.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b

I was all through the phone when I first got it... playing around, seeing what the options were, changing things that seemed reasonable. I don't think the manual choice would have seemed appealing on purpose, but I probably just hit the drop-down arrow to see what the options were and ended up changing it. I'm just glad I finally tracked it down; it was driving me crazy! Thanks for your help along the way!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Lurker

aarontsur is a n00b

i never delete anything in gmail i just archive it, is there a way to tell it when deleting to do an archive, not a delete?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Mobistar

kcaluwae is a n00b

I'm using IMAP to access Gmail from my PPC. I have another Outlook exchange account. Since I switched my outlook account to sync directly with exchange I have problems accessing my gmail account. It doesn't show any mails. If I make extra labels I see them added as folders so login is correct. It just won't show me any mails. Does anybody else recognize this problem and has a solution?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio