PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Eligible for an upgrade and...

I'm in the same boat, been holding off on my upgrade waiting for a WP7 to show up on Verizon. Hopefully the Trophy/Mazaa will drop anytime, but it's been delayed a couple times (By rumored release dates anyway) so it's getting a little frustrating. I'll likely wait longer though. My work uses Verizon and this is on that account so it's worth the wait. My Imagio has been great for me overall and so it's not a killer to wait a little longer.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have also had upgrade eligibility for at least 6 months on VZW now and I'm about ready to make my decision. I'm either going to go with the Thunderbolt or the Charge. I really want the Thunderbolt but battery life is a huge issue. Eventually I will root the phone but don't want to have to root just for it to work decently and in reading up in the Thunderbolt forums you have to do so in order to get more than 3-6 hours of battery life. I can get a decent deal price-wise with the Thunderbolt but if that can be matched with the Charge I would go for it.

I kinda want to stick with HTC, my last 2 smartphones were both HTC but at the same time I will be doing alot of video watching and what not so it may be advantageous to go with the Charge and its super AMOLED screen and 1650mah battery. It's a damn shame that HTC put such a weak standard battery in that phone, that would have been the clencher for me. I'm sure there will be 3rd party batteries to choose from but from past experience they don't perform well in the long run.

Now, when Samsung decides to put out their Galaxy S2 devices for the US carriers that will be a phone to reckon with!
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I am in the same boat as well. I love my HTC Imagio, and I am eligible for an upgrade. I want to get in before Verizon does away with the unlimited data for $29 plan.

I just purchased my first Android phone, for my daughter, a Samsung Continuum. It rooted in 30 seconds, no data loss, an I had it tethered wirelessly in less than 3 minutes. The phone is FAST, smooth, and feature filled. I fell in love when she played the HD Harry Potter trailer.

I am down to 3 choices for my phone(All three are easily rooted). (The links work)

Droid X (Price is good)

Samsung Continuum (My daughter has one and WOW.)

Droid X2 (DUAL CORE)

I am sold on Android after many years of WinMo.

BTW: I will be selling my HTC Imagio. Been in a silicone case since day one and never gone without a screen protector. Already unlocked with HSPL and I can leave the EnergyROM on it.

Last edited by y0himba; 05-20-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Droid X2 discounted to $160 for me, I don't think I can pass that up! I'll pass up on 4G for now..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

/me looks at Pete sideways....is this a discount I could take advantage of? Hmmm?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Not sure, if you sign in online and select that you are going to upgrade it may say whether or not it will be discounted. I've held off on upgrading since November last year, not sure if that made a difference...
Old 05-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

My date is on the 23rd, so I guess I need to be patient haha...hopefully I will get me some discount.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Also check Amazon Wireless. I think it's going for 150 there if you select upgrade.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Tags
upgrade