PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 09:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mikebbass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom with SPB Mobile Shell?

Would it be possible to get a rom with the latest version of SPB Mobile Shell built in? Unregistered of course, I am not trying to rip off SPB. If I could figure out the whole kitchen thing I would try myself put I am pretty sure I would brick my phone.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

jiujitsukey is just getting started
Re: Rom with SPB Mobile Shell?

you know i was wonder this myself, i have already paid for it, i use it for about 2 weeks, but i got irrateted with some of the lag and glitches. i wonder if i was useing one of the bare bones Titanium roms it would run better?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiujitsukey View Post
you know i was wonder this myself, i have already paid for it, i use it for about 2 weeks, but i got irrateted with some of the lag and glitches. i wonder if i was useing one of the bare bones Titanium roms it would run better?
Thats the way I run it. No sense. MS works fantastic on NRG's no sense roms. Very quick. It leaves more ram for other things as well since sense the big ram hog is no where on board. Try it.
As for cooking a rom with MS in, I've tried some with my tp2 from several months ago and thought that MS seemed to work alot better when installed seperatley as an app. But def without sense or tf3d. This has been my $.02
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm running the Energy Titanium 21895 build and installed SPB Mobile Shell on it. I love it and haven't had any lag issues with it. I disabled the Titanium plug-in on the Today screen and so far it's awesome. I've always preferred SPB MS3 over the TF3D interface and it's even better now!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

dcesq06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Thats the way I run it. No sense. MS works fantastic on NRG's no sense roms. Very quick. It leaves more ram for other things as well since sense the big ram hog is no where on board. Try it.
As for cooking a rom with MS in, I've tried some with my tp2 from several months ago and thought that MS seemed to work alot better when installed seperatley as an app. But def without sense or tf3d. This has been my $.02
What is your startup memory running MS3 on titanium? Prior to unlocking, I always used MS over tf3d (even though it did lag a bit when I had several pages enabled).

I really like Sense 2.5 on NRG's 2354X roms, but I would consider going back to MS depending on the available memory.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Imagioman is a n00b

Timely discussion since I use MS as well.

Ive installed the ROM's w/Sense just so I have the option to use it. I assumed that simply disabling (ie select Date, Windows Default, etc. theme) means just that so no add'l resources other than device storage is in use. Is that not the case? Are their vestiges of Sense in use and wasting program memory after its disabled (other than the Menus)?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

jiujitsukey is just getting started

I'm going to give it a shot right now, i am still downloading NRG's file thanks guys...and gal?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagioman View Post
Timely discussion since I use MS as well.

Ive installed the ROM's w/Sense just so I have the option to use it. I assumed that simply disabling (ie select Date, Windows Default, etc. theme) means just that so no add'l resources other than device storage is in use. Is that not the case? Are their vestiges of Sense in use and wasting program memory after its disabled (other than the Menus)?
I'm no expert, but it has been my observation that by unticking sense in the startup menu and then soft resetting I see a big increase in available ram, so it would seem that you can have your cake and eat it to. I've just grown to dislike the issues associated with sense so I'd prefer it not occupying any space at all. IMHO mobile shell pounds sense into the ground for functionality and leaves your device with more ram.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:39 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

a spb rom would be sweet problem is not many peeps will lash out the expense on spb
i still have my first spb membership guess ill have to upgrade
oh well no worries
Old 03-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
a spb rom would be sweet problem is not many peeps will lash out the expense on spb
i still have my first spb membership guess ill have to upgrade
oh well no worries
spb roms I've tried before on my tp2 always required you to ultimately purchase the app after the trial. I would think this would be the same thing as it would be illegal to give this away via a rom. AFAIK anyway. I'm no expert on the law.
EDIT: I misread your post I think. OOPPS!

Last edited by cbreze; 03-19-2010 at 05:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Tags
imagio, rom, spb mobile shell