PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tv out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
i have no way to check it, but if you look here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59236
http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Audio-.../dp/B000GGQ2ZU

they are using a 3.5mm TRRS jack (4 wire)
if you take a flashlight & look in the imagio's 3.5mm port you can see that we also have a TRRS female port. (like most handsets/hands free kits)
So has anyone bit the bullet & tried enabling the video out in the registry and trying one of the old ipod TRRS video/audio cables???
Yes, and it doesn't work. I tried off and on for months to get it with no luck from registry to apps from no2chem and other TVOut Pkgs from other phones. My personal belief is since its a mediaflo TV device part of the licsensing required the TV out function to be disabled on the chipset much like the FM radio is disabled on the CDMA Touch Pro1 and there is nothing you can do to get it functioning.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
phaimowitz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If you go to the new HTC store and look up accessories specific to the Imagio, you'll find the following on the list:
http://www.shopamerica.htc.com/acces...htm?prId=36063

The description says it enables TV-out. So it should work. I'm going to make an order by phone and see what the sales rep says vis-a-vis registry settings and whatnot.

Edit: Update - I couldn't get a confident answer from the guy (not surprised) but he seemed to think that if you plug in the adapter and run TV-out in settings it will work "unless your TV needs something else". He said I could call back the accessory department tomorrow at 888-716-3594 and someone there should be more knowledgeable with how this would go down. I'll try to do that tomorrow evening after work but anyone should feel free to call before then and post what you learn.

Last edited by phaimowitz; 03-23-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

forevr5688 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Anybody get this to work after unlocking the imagio yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio