PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sense 2.1/2.5 [Updated 24-Nov-10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabson View Post
Jsmart, just trying to get a little more information. If I cab this up onto my Imagio running 2.1, does this replace or overwrite sense 2.1? Or is it an alternate option that I choose? What is the memory footprint (how much used) and the average RAM / ROM usage during normal work?

I am asking because right now, I am running a stock 2.1, with 122MB free storage / 69MB free program space and its averaging a stable 60 - 62% usage.

With those numbers, its pretty quick. So I like the responsiveness, and although I would LOVE to come back to 2.5 and Cookies fantasmical home tab, I don't if I sacrifice my speed and responsiveness.

Thanks in advance for the information!
I strongly recommend installing on a "fresh" device (ie: after a hard reset). This will insure a clean and complete install without extra 2.1 bloat taking up valuable space. Sense 2.5 definitely takes more resources than 2.1. I believe it runs around 65 - 70%, but it has been a long time since I have used 2.5 in a cab form. Also, CHT is also going to increase your amount of used RAM.

I would suggest giving it a shot and if you don't like it after a while, just hard reset and throw 2.1 back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto180 View Post
Hey jmart518 Before to install the new sense, First I do a hard reset, then NET 3.5 SDKCerts, and all stuff necesary
I Installed 2.5.2019 ... and nothing for me . the sense 2.5 never start ! ?
I Would like someone to help me with That, Because I like the sense2.5

Thanks jmart518 for u effort and dedication
You're very welcome! Did you get conformation that everything was installed successfully? Also, did you make sure to soft reset at the appropriate steps? This part is very important. You may have to hard reset and give it another shot.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 11-30-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

Jsmart, thanks for the info. I will have to see about giving it a go. Just out of curiosity, how much space will it be taking on the phone (file size)?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Jsmart, thanks for the info. I will have to see about giving it a go. Just out of curiosity, how much space will it be taking on the phone (file size)?
To be honest, I can't remember how much storage it actually takes up. Hopefully somebody that is running it now will chime in and help out.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks! Its not that big of a deal, I will have more than enough storage once I hard reset. Since the wife really was pissed that we had to replace my phone, she swears it was the custom ROM, so looking forward to getting back to 2.5, especiall yiwht Cookies latest mod! I will see about doing that this coming Monday (wifes at work, Im at home, what she doesn't know, right?!) Will give you a run down how it went! Thanks in advance for this.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks! Its not that big of a deal, I will have more than enough storage once I hard reset. Since the wife really was pissed that we had to replace my phone, she swears it was the custom ROM, so looking forward to getting back to 2.5, especiall yiwht Cookies latest mod! I will see about doing that this coming Monday (wifes at work, Im at home, what she doesn't know, right?!) Will give you a run down how it went! Thanks in advance for this.
Haha, when the cat's away...! (My wife says the same thing) Good luck buddy and hopefully it will go smoothly
Old 12-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sense 2.5.1920

djnikkofb is a n00b

Finally did a Hard Reset and installed new Build. Works Flawless. I just would like to make some changes could you help? First is I want to change the Left Soft Key from phone to Lock. I used (Below)...Did not work for me. The 2nd Is there a way to populate the calendar info into the Home screen calendar section (Like CHT 2.0.0)?
Left SoftKey
HKLM\Software\HTC\manila\HomeLSKPath
Example: \Windows\Start Menu\Program\Text.lnk
HKLM\Software\HTC\manila\HomeLSKText
Example: Text
Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnikkofb View Post
Finally did a Hard Reset and installed new Build. Works Flawless. I just would like to make some changes could you help? First is I want to change the Left Soft Key from phone to Lock. I used (Below)...Did not work for me. The 2nd Is there a way to populate the calendar info into the Home screen calendar section (Like CHT 2.0.0)?
Left SoftKey
HKLM\Software\HTC\manila\HomeLSKPath
Example: \Windows\Start Menu\Program\Text.lnk
HKLM\Software\HTC\manila\HomeLSKText
Example: Text
Your registry should look like this if you want the left key to lock:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\manila

HomeLSKPath=Windows\DeviceLock.exe
HomeLSKText=Lock

Cab attached to post as well, if you want to just use that.

As far as the calendar goes, I am not quite sure what you are asking.
Attached Files
File Type: cab LSK DeviceLock.cab (1.2 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sense 2.5.1920

djnikkofb is a n00b

Excellent that fix worked, as always you come through Quick. Umm to get a better idea for #2, Say i have a calendar entry IE "Go to work" Marked for Dec 5th 2010, could that calendar entry show up on the Home screen where "Calendar" is so you can view whats coming up on the calendar, similar to TouchFLO 3D. Calendar Home screen preview of calendar entries. I have included an example (I don't want to use CHT 2.0, but Just need the calendar to populate the Calendar Entry)
Example:
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Threadstarter

The home tab calendar should show your next appointments, but it isn't configurable like it is in CHT. I am not sure how many days in advance it looks for appointments.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jmart, thank you so very much for this! The wife and daughter went to bingo with mother in law, left me and the boy home alone, so figure now is as good a time to install as any!

Did the hard reset, installed 3.5 and sdkcerts, set the power settings and turned off 2.1, soft reset and installed 2.5. Was a little worried during installation, as it took practically a whole hockey period to do so. But it did it!

And its running smooth, only at 58% for starters, a little higher than titanium! finishing reinstalling calendar and contact information, got over 100 ram left for playing. Looking forward to installing CHT2.0!

this is really great, was worried about how a cab would run instead of a ROM, but am really ecstatic on how well this sucker is running. I will put it through its paces and let you know how it goes.

Again, just wanted to say thanks for putting out a great product! You rock man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio