PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Whitestone Android It Booted!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104666)

knotbeerdan 01-06-2010 01:51 PM

Re: Whitestone Android It Booted!!!

that is the only conclusion i can come up with. I did format it last night hoping that would clear it up but it didnt help at all.

Can anyone that has it working let us know which host you downloaded from? i have tried rapidshare and megaupload

im trying another card now ill post the results

BTW for some reason my active sync will not stop running. this started after my hard reset this morning. I have not seen this before on my phone anyone know how to clear it up?

Americanmetal 01-06-2010 02:06 PM

I got it from megaupload

knotbeerdan 01-06-2010 02:16 PM

I ran it and waited 20 minutes... Still shows the pic i posted earlier. I do see something though not sure if it matters.... In the text that the screen freezes on i have 2 "unknown boot options"

unknown boot option 'lcd.density=240' : ignoring
unknown boot option 'wifi.mac=00:23:76:4b:6a:b': ignoring

now i know its missing something before the b but the far left side is cut off. Any ideas?

Getitnowmarketing 01-06-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knotbeerdan (Post 1465140)
I ran it and waited 20 minutes... Still shows the pic i posted earlier. I do see something though not sure if it matters.... In the text that the screen freezes on i have 2 "unknown boot options"

unknown boot option 'lcd.density=240' : ignoring
unknown boot option 'wifi.mac=00:23:76:4b:6a:b': ignoring

now i know its missing something before the b but the far left side is cut off. Any ideas?

try removing the wifi mac address (from startup.txt) which is my mac addy for my device wouldn't work on yours but wifi radio isn't operaple at this point anyway.
the line edited should read
Code:

set cmdline "msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 msmvkeyb_toggle=off lcd.density=240"
also some people on xda were having problems with android 2.0+ which certain brands of microsd cards. The one I used was a empty kingston 4gb class 4 and didnt require any formatting and I used the megaupload host.

knotbeerdan 01-06-2010 04:20 PM

I tried a microSD brand and sandisk neither would work. I have tried the rapidshare and the megaupload.

Tried taking the MAC out of both lines but no luck. Im really at a loss here i have no clue what could be causing this. I have attacked it from every angle i can think of.

saxman1212 01-06-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knotbeerdan (Post 1465483)
I tried a microSD brand and sandisk neither would work. I have tried the rapidshare and the megaupload.

Tried taking the MAC out of both lines but no luck. Im really at a loss here i have no clue what could be causing this. I have attacked it from every angle i can think of.

have you hard reset your imagio yet?

fluidj 01-06-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knotbeerdan (Post 1465483)

I don't know what to say man. That really blows. No clue what could be causing yours not to work. Have you read completely through the wiki & XDA link that the OP provided? I know I saw some things in there such as make sure your brightness is not set to auto, and things of that nature. Have you tried running it while the Imagio is plugged in to the charger? It seemed to boot faster for me that way. Also open the STARTUP.txt file and make sure there isn't a hard return or extra space at the very end of all the text. I had an extra return at the end of mine and when I deleted it, that's when mine booted right up.

SeveredEggplant 01-06-2010 06:48 PM

Does anyone know how to soft reboot from andriod so you can go back to windows mobile without having to take the back cover off?

fluidj 01-06-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeveredEggplant (Post 1465853)
Does anyone know how to soft reboot from andriod so you can go back to windows mobile without having to take the back cover off?

That's the only way :(

saxman1212 01-06-2010 08:25 PM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluidj
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeveredEggplant (Post 1465853)

That's the only way :(

yes unless we find a soft reset app to