PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] 11/14/09-0.1a | fresh rom | available now!

flipz(mode) and freshlyill are proud to release: Fresh Rom for CDMA HTC Hero (Sprint)!

DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE: http://bit.ly/fresh-rom . Read through this thread if you have any questions. Keep in mind that this is the very first release of this rom. There is lots more to come!

Base: RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.29.651.1_signed_release (original shipped)
Tested with: recovery-RA-heroc-v1.2.3

Background: We are both new to Android development having recently switched from Windows Mobile phones. This is our first release. The current goal is to make a rom that is optimized and stripped of unneeded items. In this case that is mostly going to consists of the Sprint applications that take up space and the HTC apps that like to constantly launch themselves in the background. If we took out anything that we like then they can be added back in. We'll provide more instructions and possibly some app packs later to help you with that. I personally would have stripped Rosie (senseui) but freshlyill likes it too much. :-p . I will likely release an ultra-light version that removes it.

What this rom isn't: This rom does not fix any current issues with the Hero other than the issue regarding the apps and widgets that won't stop running in the background. It doesn't fix the battery issue or anything like that. The reason for that is Sprint has announced that they are releasing an MR within a couple weeks for most current problems. Additionally the battery issue (cause and workaround were made public by freshlyill and myself) is caused by a specific HTC program. The fix is to not use that program. I chose to not include an alternative SMS application in this ROM because everyone should be using one by now.

Requirements: A rooted CDMA HTC Hero by Sprint. RA's recovery loaded on. If you have any questions on that then please visit one of the other various threads on here about how to root your phone.

How to use it:
1. Copy this rom (do not unzip) to the root of your sdcard using one of the various methods.
2. Go to the recovery program by either typing "reboot recovery" from an adb shell or by powering off the phone and holding Home while you power it on.
3. Scroll down to "Apply sdcard: choose zip" and select the zipped rom. Press the home button to confirm you want to write it.
4. After it finishes (takes several minutes) click "Reboot system now".

Flashing this rom should keep all of your personal settings and should not wipe anything but you are doing it at your own risk. I make no promises on what may happen to your device and your data.

Bugs? Questions? Comments? Ideas? Please post here. Special thanks to MoDaCo for putting the first CDMA rom out there.

Code:
In this release (0.1a) :

http://bit.ly/fresh-rom

Added: Spare Parts
Added: Wireless Tether (consider donating to the author if you use it!)
Modified: Boot up sound. Will continue to modify this or remove it completely.
Removed: Amazon MP3
Removed: HTC Stock + Widget
Removed: HTC Twitter (peep) + Widget
Removed: HTC Footprints + Widget
Removed: HTC Ringtone Trimmer
Removed: HTC Sound Recorder
Removed: IM
Removed: Learn More
Removed: Sprint NFL
Removed: Sprint TV + Widget
Removed: Sprint Nascar
Removed: Voice Dialer
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584032

Last edited by Vertigo; 11-14-2009 at 09:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:11 AM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: [ROM] 11/13/09-0.1a | fresh rom | coming soon

Awesome, exactly what I've been looking for, the sprint apps are bugging me.

Can't wait.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: [ROM] 11/14/09-0.1a | fresh rom | available now!

Can't wait to hear the results already running modaco and have removed apps I don't want but glad to see another Rom out. Keep up the good work guys!

Though I don't wanna remove it, I'm curious to see if and what improvements are gained by removing sense.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

I am curious if anyone tried to remove the Stock Sprint SMS apps
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-14-2009, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

lawsofpower48 is just getting started

pics?
Old 11-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Threadstarter

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsofpower48 View Post
pics?

lewl!
Old 11-14-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Looks like Vertigo posted my rom before I got to doing it on ppcgeeks.

I have one user on xda that was getting errors during the install but have had 50 other downloads with no complaints. Is anyone having any issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsofpower48 View Post
pics?
When you flash this rom your phone is going to look exactly as it did before you flashed with the exception of start-up animation and 2 added apps if you didn't have them already (spare parts and wifi tether).
Old 11-14-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (cdma)

REDFOCZ is a n00b

Does anyone notice the phone going faster then the stock rom ...... with removing the Sprint bloat ware.... ill be rooting my phone tonight and was going to flash the ModoCa Rom might might chose this one because its stripped down
Old 11-14-2009, 06:49 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Does this require a wipe?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, HTC Evo

Askym is becoming a great contributor

downloading now....cant wait to see this
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero