PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringtones as Texttones but not ringtones

I copied all the MP3 files and ringtones onto my wife's Hero, sd card. All the music is there because the music play recognises it, even the ringtones that were added. The phone will allow for her to use the ringtones as text tones but when she tries to assign them for a ringtone, you cant find the files. Anyone know whats up with this?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff
Re: Ringtones as Texttones but not ringtones

You could try downloading "rings extended" from the market. And then when it prompts you on which program to use, select rings extented. You could also try creating a folder "ringtones"
Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dagnasty is keeping up the good workdagnasty is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
I copied all the MP3 files and ringtones onto my wife's Hero, sd card. All the music is there because the music play recognises it, even the ringtones that were added. The phone will allow for her to use the ringtones as text tones but when she tries to assign them for a ringtone, you cant find the files. Anyone know whats up with this?
Create folders on the SD card called alarms, notifications, ringtones. Put the respective files in each folder
Old 10-27-2009, 04:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

Atticus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
You could try downloading "rings extended" from the market. And then when it prompts you on which program to use, select rings extented. You could also try creating a folder "ringtones"
Ive tried doing this numerous of times. But for some reason it wont work. I can only see them in my music player, from their i could select to add them as a ring tone for default or contact.

Is there a way i could see all of my mp3 ring tones in the notification settings?

Now i have a bunch of 30 second ringtones in my music player. Gets annoying when trying to use the music player with my music.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Ive tried doing this numerous of times. But for some reason it wont work. I can only see them in my music player, from their i could select to add them as a ring tone for default or contact.

Is there a way i could see all of my mp3 ring tones in the notification settings?

Now i have a bunch of 30 second ringtones in my music player. Gets annoying when trying to use the music player with my music.
did you try Rings Extended??? Because that's all I'm using and I am able to select any mp3 for a notification. When I go to Settings/Sounds and Display/Notification sound, I pick Rings Extended and then Music and am able to pic any mp3.

If you are trying to hide mp3's from the music application...well I don't know if there is a way to do that since I believe it scans the entire sd card for compatible files.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:11 PM
N00b

Atticus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
did you try Rings Extended??? Because that's all I'm using and I am able to select any mp3 for a notification. When I go to Settings/Sounds and Display/Notification sound, I pick Rings Extended and then Music and am able to pic any mp3.

If you are trying to hide mp3's from the music application...well I don't know if there is a way to do that since I believe it scans the entire sd card for compatible files.
Nice. manages them a lot better.

Ill just use Pandora if i want to hear music i guess. Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Nice. manages them a lot better.

Ill just use Pandora if i want to hear music i guess. Thanks again.
No need for all that, just create a folder on your card under media/audio and name it "ringtones" if it's not already there. Dump all your ringtone files in that folder and they'll show up as options to select them as ringtones on your phone. This will ALSO keep them from showing up in the music player.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:11 PM
N00b

Atticus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
No need for all that, just create a folder on your card under media/audio and name it "ringtones" if it's not already there. Dump all your ringtone files in that folder and they'll show up as options to select them as ringtones on your phone. This will ALSO keep them from showing up in the music player.
For some reason that wont work for me. I tired this method several times and it wont work for me.

It just shows all my custom made ring tones (mp3s) in the Music player. With the method you posted.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
For some reason that wont work for me. I tired this method several times and it wont work for me.

It just shows all my custom made ring tones (mp3s) in the Music player. With the method you posted.
Hmm, weird. Did you try a soft reset? I would say do a hard reset if you're willing to. Might just be a glitch in the software.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:26 PM
N00b

Atticus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
Hmm, weird. Did you try a soft reset? I would say do a hard reset if you're willing to. Might just be a glitch in the software.
Yeah i tired the soft reset. But havent tried the hard reset. As i have my phone the way i like it.

Hopefully ill figure it out.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero