PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: Auto brightness issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
Mine doesn't really go into sleep or freeze but another thing I did notice is when switching from portrait to landscape by moving the phone around the brightness will go low for a second and get bright again once it switches to landscape.
That is just the transition animation for switching from portrait to landscape. Could have been done more gracefully but gets the job done.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
That is just the transition animation for switching from portrait to landscape. Could have been done more gracefully but gets the job done.
Hmm, yeah it's kinda annoying and don't see the need for it. Do the diamond and pro do that too?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
Hmm, yeah it's kinda annoying and don't see the need for it. Do the diamond and pro do that too?
Not really they just kinda freeze up lol.

I don't care for it but its not too bad. If you look at the iPhone/iTouch, it hesitates then does a little spinning animation to rotate. It is essentially doing the same thing but the animation is so smooth it covers up that it has to process the rotation making it a clean part of the process. The dimming is the same just less graceful, but still smoother (in my opinion) than winmo.

Man i feel like I keep winmo bashing which is not my intention... guess its just years of pent up aggression lol.

*edit* BTW just tested the iTouch vs Hero on screen rotation the iTouch is just a teeny tiny bit faster (like a milli-second). The animation just gives the appearance of a much smoother transition *edit*

Last edited by princem131; 10-11-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Sometimes it changes low-high-low in a row. I wish there was a threshold adjustment. In due time I suppose.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Not really they just kinda freeze up lol.

I don't care for it but its not too bad. If you look at the iPhone/iTouch, it hesitates then does a little spinning animation to rotate. It is essentially doing the same thing but the animation is so smooth it covers up that it has to process the rotation making it a clean part of the process. The dimming is the same just less graceful, but still smoother (in my opinion) than winmo.

Man i feel like I keep winmo bashing which is not my intention... guess its just years of pent up aggression lol.

*edit* BTW just tested the iTouch vs Hero on screen rotation the iTouch is just a teeny tiny bit faster (like a milli-second). The animation just gives the appearance of a much smoother transition *edit*
Ha-ha I feel you though on the WM thing. It did me good but I was needing a change for sure. Guess I'm just nit picking but I'm really loving this phone!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero