PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard is slow?

I gave up on my Touch Pro 2 when it ate my SD card...just got my Hero yesterday, rooted and flashed the Fresh ROM...

So far I like the phone but the keyboard is ridiculously slow. I even tried swype but its prediction has me starting over pretty regularly. The HTC keyboard just can't pido up all the letters.

Is this what I'm stuck with or is there something wrong?...vibration Is disabled.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2,hero
Carrier: sprint

jocampo86 is just getting started
Talking Re: Keyboard is slow?

this has been discusted in other threads already but gon cut u sum slack u just moved on from wm tp like me ..go to fresh thread look for stock htc kb downloaded and flash it like a rom ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I gave up on my Touch Pro 2 when it ate my SD card...just got my Hero yesterday, rooted and flashed the Fresh ROM...

So far I like the phone but the keyboard is ridiculously slow. I even tried swype but its prediction has me starting over pretty regularly. The HTC keyboard just can't pido up all the letters.

Is this what I'm stuck with or is there something wrong?...vibration Is disabled.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Keyboard is slow?

K, I'll look into that....ans yes, cut me some slack. Any Winmo problem is easy for me to find/fix but I've got a lot of catching up to do with Android.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks but it didnt help much. I still have to type fairly slow to make sure it picks up al the letters
Old 05-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Are you on a custom ROM? I use BetterKeyboard, and I do out-pace it sometimes, but I don't pay attention and it catches up as I'm typing or right when I finish. I don't even notice it.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

The landscape keyboard lags more than the portrait keyboard. Which orientation do you have the phone when you are typing? I hardly have any lag with the phone in portrait. But I get it all the time in landscape.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Landscape is easiest for my fat fingers...so that's what Iuse.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

use swype, no lag at all.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
use swype, no lag at all.
As i said, i spend 20 minutes going back and trying to fix all the mistakes swype makes, as well.

I was skeptical about on screen keyboards...maybe it's just how slow the Hero is but I may have been right. Guess I'll be testing a EVO before I even consider buying one.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I "hard resetted" after flashing the FRESH ROM...would I gain anything by hard resetting again or does android not work like that??

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero