PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Keyboard is slow? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120508)

awenthol 05-07-2010 11:25 PM

Keyboard is slow?

I gave up on my Touch Pro 2 when it ate my SD card...just got my Hero yesterday, rooted and flashed the Fresh ROM...

So far I like the phone but the keyboard is ridiculously slow. I even tried swype but its prediction has me starting over pretty regularly. The HTC keyboard just can't pido up all the letters.

Is this what I'm stuck with or is there something wrong?...vibration Is disabled.

jocampo86 05-07-2010 11:51 PM

Re: Keyboard is slow?

this has been discusted in other threads already but gon cut u sum slack u just moved on from wm tp like me ..go to fresh thread look for stock htc kb downloaded and flash it like a rom ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by awenthol (Post 1740722)
I gave up on my Touch Pro 2 when it ate my SD card...just got my Hero yesterday, rooted and flashed the Fresh ROM...

So far I like the phone but the keyboard is ridiculously slow. I even tried swype but its prediction has me starting over pretty regularly. The HTC keyboard just can't pido up all the letters.

Is this what I'm stuck with or is there something wrong?...vibration Is disabled.

awenthol 05-08-2010 12:06 AM

K, I'll look into that....ans yes, cut me some slack. Any Winmo problem is easy for me to find/fix but I've got a lot of catching up to do with Android.

awenthol 05-08-2010 01:28 AM

Thanks but it didnt help much. I still have to type fairly slow to make sure it picks up al the letters

Carla 05-08-2010 01:56 AM

Are you on a custom ROM? I use BetterKeyboard, and I do out-pace it sometimes, but I don't pay attention and it catches up as I'm typing or right when I finish. I don't even notice it.

tokuzumi 05-08-2010 03:07 AM

The landscape keyboard lags more than the portrait keyboard. Which orientation do you have the phone when you are typing? I hardly have any lag with the phone in portrait. But I get it all the time in landscape.

awenthol 05-08-2010 11:57 AM

Landscape is easiest for my fat fingers...so that's what Iuse.

fixxxer2012 05-08-2010 12:00 PM

use swype, no lag at all.

awenthol 05-08-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1741194)
use swype, no lag at all.

As i said, i spend 20 minutes going back and trying to fix all the mistakes swype makes, as well.

I was skeptical about on screen keyboards...maybe it's just how slow the Hero is but I may have been right. Guess I'll be testing a EVO before I even consider buying one.

awenthol 05-08-2010 06:56 PM

I "hard resetted" after flashing the FRESH ROM...would I gain anything by hard resetting again or does android not work like that??