PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

mruptown757 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mruptown757
Arrow so.. i rooted my phone right but

not what i was hoping for so the first thing i did was load fresh rom it came across the screen with the htc logo said fresh i was like oh i like that so im waitingstayed on the htc screen for like 10 min came up with the option of htc sense or lancher htc sense didnt work kept saying force close so i tried lancher and it did come up looked real noce then did the the same thing so i tried another rom damagecontrol it did the samething so now im working wit modaco custom rom 1.1 which i really dont see a big difference and yea i know its only 1.5 but still any reason why everything keeps force closing im reading pages after pages tring different things and im still ending up with nothing i had to earse everything cuz i couldnt get out of the boot screen i had to hit the power botton and the vol key to get to the boot screen and i had to wipe everything out it got the hero up and running and everything my cam not working saying to insert sd card and the card is still in the slot is my sd card messed up man im not sure whats going on and to add my clock location says im in detroit and i live in virginia lol soo ppcgeek folks help me out i couldnt wait for 2.1 wit all these good roms out whats the point u know i just want one to work for me if my sd card is messed up would that play a part in the roms not working idk i just need some help sorry so long just had to let yall know what was going on and this is the short verison

i use this to root http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584029

Last edited by mruptown757; 04-29-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: so.. i rooted my phone right but

Does your KB have a "." or a "?"? I find it very hard to follow this post with no punctuation.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Man, if this is the short version, I'd hate to read the long version. Wanted to scratch my eyes out before I got halfway through it. Sorry, no help from me, I don't want to have to take the time to decipher your post.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Did you wipe before the flash? If not, you probably have some bad 1.5 mojo going on in there. In recovery, go to data wipe, do it, flash zip from sd, and flash the rom again.

I would also recommend you try punctuation sometime.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

Lildegregs22 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Did you wipe before the flash? If not, you probably have some bad 1.5 mojo going on in there. In recovery, go to data wipe, do it, flash zip from sd, and flash the rom again.

I would also recommend you try punctuation sometime.
When I had this problem this is what fixed it I forgot to wipe, but when I did it worked like a charm on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mruptown757 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mruptown757

found the problem thanks to those that helped i didnt wipe first that was the problem i got it working now
Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

lol @ location
Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Hey OP, maybe you should fix your "." key on your keyboard lmao.....a little punctuation would really help with people understanding your posts and trying to come up with a solution to your prolblem

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero