PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser
Re: Should I buy Sprint Hero?

it is a great phone nothing lags to me its smoother than win mo but i only get about 13 hours of battery life but i do send about 500 text a day and listen to a hour or so of music
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

The hero is great and coming from the diamond you should see significant improvements in every area of concern (except the crappy cut and paste but if the update includes the new cut and paste from the legend it will be flawless lol).

However, the supersonic looks awesome and is basically a Super- Hero lol so if u can wait I would. But I know I wouldn't be able to wait. My understanding is it could drop anytime between now and summer, maybe even fall (which I doubt since VZW getting the Nexus One soon). So if u can confirm a release that's soon I'd wait otherwise, you won't regret getting the Hero.

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Yes 2.1 is coming....early Q2 is all we know.

No issues with the trackball here. I rarely use it, but it shows no signs of dirt, or sticking.

Pinch and zoom works pretty good depending on when you use it. If you use it in the middle of the page loading, it's choppy. If you wait for the page to load completely, it is fairly smooth.

I always have ~30mb of available ram. But I'm never low on memory, because android will steal ram from background/non running process, and give that ram to the processes that are running. I always back out of apps, using the back button on the phone, so I have yet to see a memory issue, and I've had the phone since release date (actually the friday before release date).

Battery life has been hit or miss with me. I've had days where I barely use the phone, and it's about to die after 12 hours. Recently, my battery has been performing like a champ, even under rather heavy usage. I am taking calls, downloading videos, text messaging, and I still have plenty of battery at the end of the day. If you go in and out of roaming, or between EV and 1X, you will kill the battery quick.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
No offense. I heard that sprint is gonna get something really great within the next 10 years!! Keep your eyes open for some big things. LOL.

No offense taken. <sarcasm on> In fact, I heard that cellphones were going to be completely obsolete in 50 years, so why bother with new devices at all? <sarcasm off>
Old 03-17-2010, 02:35 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
No offense taken. <sarcasm on> In fact, I heard that cellphones were going to be completely obsolete in 50 years, so why bother with new devices at all? <sarcasm off>
Haha!! "Just picked up my HTC implant this week. Its sweet! I just think and it does everything! Better than that stupid Iphone Implant.".

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

kkeller87 is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

thanks everyone for the replies, im appreciating all of them!

sidebar - ive been doing this phone stuff for a year now, and have never heard the word implant used. care to enlighten me?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Implants in this conversation(at least for now) are entirely satirical and not meant to be taken seriously.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

oh haha im cool
Old 03-19-2010, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

grock is just getting started

wait! the nexus and supersonic are on the way, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to trade in my hero, or sell it and my 2 touch pro2's for either 1

but if you cant wait... like i said I have 2 tp2's and since hooking up my hero I havent yet even thought of turning 1 of them back on, although I will be honest, as for just a phone the tp2 was the best quality phone I've ever had best and truly crystal calling just for use as a phone... but who here really uses there phone for calling people, lol
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm definitely waiting until the release date for the supersonic becomes more clear. in the meantime lets talk about this nexus one.
the nexus one is supposed to be king cause it is open to os updates from google and i've heard doesn't require rooting. can anyone tell me the major pros and cons of the nexus from a user standpoint?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
droid, hero, sprint