PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Hero 2.1 Release Date Speculation Thread! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111023)

epitaphromance 02-16-2010 06:24 PM

Hero 2.1 Release Date Speculation Thread!

5/7/2010: All,
I've merged all the threads that are discussing potential release dates. Please post in this thread only when discussing potential release dates.

Thanks for your understanding

CarlaDarla

Bummer at least we got a more precise date..

princem131 02-16-2010 06:41 PM

Re: sprint hero 2.1 now in early 2nd quarter of 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitaphromance (Post 1570071)
Bummer at least we got a more precise date..

And that date is?....

Edit: Nevermind saw it in another thread approx may 15... that sucks a$$

It wasnt that bad when there were only small differences but now 1.5 is getting very ancient. New apps keep coming out that require 1.6 and even 2.0 and above. At least toss us 2.0 or something til then I'll take 1.6.

bradart 02-16-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 1570115)
And that date is?....

Edit: Nevermind saw it in another thread approx may 15... that sucks a$$

It wasnt that bad when there were only small differences but now 1.5 is getting very ancient. New apps keep coming out that require 1.6 and even 2.0 and above. At least toss us 2.0 or something til then I'll take 1.6.

I would take Vanilla 1.6 to tide me over until 2.1. This is getting rediculous. The carriers should have prepared for how rapidly this operating system evolves.

spiritcrusher33 02-16-2010 07:37 PM

And the truth is we always have to wait forever for any updates..regardless of android or wm. even bb..on sprint..

If we didnt have sense on the hero would prolly be alittle sooner.. hopefully we will get some of the new stuff htc annouced for the updated sense ui..

oh well at least we pay less a month on sprint.. if i paid verizons prices.. i would be really pissed bout waiting for updates,lol I always find a positive on a negative..

bradart 02-16-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 (Post 1570248)
And the truth is we always have to wait forever for any updates..regardless of android or wm. even bb..on sprint..

If we didnt have sense on the hero would prolly be alittle sooner.. hopefully we will get some of the new stuff htc annouced for the updated sense ui..

oh well at least we pay less a month on sprint.. if i paid verizons prices.. i would be really pissed bout waiting for updates,lol I always find a positive on a negative..

I mean, granted, i am a third party retailer and pay $30 for 3000 minutes unlimited everything else and insurance, but it still rubs me the wrong way that the road block in recieving these updates is the company we pay monthly. Just my 2 pesos.

notrock 02-16-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1570226)
I would take Vanilla 1.6 to tide me over until 2.1. This is getting rediculous. The carriers should have prepared for how rapidly this operating system evolves.

COSIGN!

X_____________

HTC takes the openness out of Android.

hoopsdavis 02-16-2010 07:56 PM

It never fails, as I've mentioned before the Hero is on the back burner for Sprint.
what will happen is there will either be a new phone released by Sprint before or immediately after the update. it never fails, Sprint will keep their current top notch phone's updates in the waiting while they prepare to release their newest phone. Think about this, the Touch Pro 2 was release just before the Hero and you never heard a word about the Touch Pro 2 being released. Once we get the Hero's 2.1 rom, the Hero will be old news and Sprint will have their next Android phone.

snowplow54 02-16-2010 11:07 PM

yea, its kinda sad when my old diamond can run a newer version of android than my Hero can. But May's not too bad for me. I just recently got the hero. So by time i get bored with what I have, 2.1 will be coming out. Then we can all complain about not getting a 3.0 update.

willpower101 02-17-2010 08:14 AM

screw this. (my sigs wrong) i'm buying an iphone for 6-8 months. then maybe i'll come back for the winter line up after all this freaking nonsense.

nighteyes 02-17-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willpower101 (Post 1571426)
screw this. (my sigs wrong) i'm buying an iphone for 6-8 months. then maybe i'll come back for the winter line up after all this freaking nonsense.

heh, have fun :) We'll keep the light on for you. I am getting sick of the constant waiting game, I've had this phone since November. Oh well...I just have to keep geek mode off for now so I don't start getting any more grumpy. Heh, my friend has a g1 with the rev 2 OS and constantly reminds me of that fact. I want to shoot him with a 'tater launcher.