PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM
kj5200

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
HTC Hero Compatible Batteries

I read somewhere in the forumns previously about another phone battery that is compatible with the Hero. I know it is here somewhere but I just cant find it, I thought it was in the tips and tricks section but I did not see it.

The tip went something like this....The **** battery is the same as the HERO, Ebay is your friend......

Can someone let me know which other batteries are the same?

I currently have to keep my hero plugged in to my car charger when I am in the truck and plugged into my usb charger hooked into my laptop when I am in the office. Without charging throughout the day it would probaly only last half the day and that is with all the extras turned off, I am just constantly on the phone.

Thanks,

Kenneth
Old 02-09-2010, 05:57 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Hero Compatible Batteries

Im pretty sure the touch pro 2 battery is compatible.

EDIT: Some folks over here have purchased a 2000mah battery off of ebay for 10 dollars and it says it is for the touch pro 2.

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-...ah-review.html

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
kj5200

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

is there a lot of difference in battery life from the standard 1500 MaH and one that is about 2200 Mah?

I was thinking about ordering two 1500 mah batteries from ebay but if the 2200 actually last most of the day that would be better than lugging around extra batteries all day.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

well I bought the 2 pack of touch pro 2 batteries from ebay and they work just fine. I carry all 3 batteries with me when I use my hero (but usually don't need more than 2 for a full day), and it's not as bad as you think (I hardly even know they are there). The batteries aren't that big. Especially in comparison to keeping your phone in your pocket.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I said that. Its in my tips thread. It said TP2 batteries are the same as Hero batteries. I meant on ebay I got one for $5 and it works like a champ.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I said that. Its in my tips thread. It said TP2 batteries are the same as Hero batteries. I meant on ebay I got one for $5 and it works like a champ.
Yeah but who reads that??? Im kidding. I totally overlooked that Thacounty. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Yeah but who reads that??? Im kidding. I totally overlooked that Thacounty. Thanks.
Oh haha yea, I was talking about the OP. I don't think he trusted me hahaha
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Oh haha yea, I was talking about the OP. I don't think he trusted me hahaha
You live in Kentucky, not many people do trust you. Ha Ha. Oh and BTW, I would talk smack at this point about us coming up there to tap that Wildcat A** in basketball but seeing that we looked like JUCO basketball against Vandy last night, I think ill just wait and see what happens. Lol.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
You live in Kentucky, not many people do trust you. Ha Ha. Oh and BTW, I would talk smack at this point about us coming up there to tap that Wildcat A** in basketball but seeing that we looked like JUCO basketball against Vandy last night, I think ill just wait and see what happens. Lol.
Haha yea most people hate us bc of fairweather fans who seem to be really obnoxious and hated haha. I have been repping UK since I was born and even dealt with the Gillespie days haha, no matter how bad I hated him! Yea I have 2 buddies that are UT fans and they are worried now, they would win if they'd take out Smith and Tatum, that's how you all got ranked!! I couldn't believe Vandy hammered you guys, but I'd say it was a great game for them and a terrible game for you guys. Sometimes that happens. You're a sweet 16 team or better either way, and I hate UT haha. My sister just moved to Knoxville, its a pretty cool town, needs a little Blue though!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Haha yea most people hate us bc of fairweather fans who seem to be really obnoxious and hated haha. I have been repping UK since I was born and even dealt with the Gillespie days haha, no matter how bad I hated him! Yea I have 2 buddies that are UT fans and they are worried now, they would win if they'd take out Smith and Tatum, that's how you all got ranked!! I couldn't believe Vandy hammered you guys, but I'd say it was a great game for them and a terrible game for you guys. Sometimes that happens. You're a sweet 16 team or better either way, and I hate UT haha. My sister just moved to Knoxville, its a pretty cool town, needs a little Blue though!!!!!
It is definitely the truth about smith, tatum, williams and goins. We beat the number 1 team just days after loosing them and here we sit again having them back and cant even beat an aussie!!! I hate UK, but I have to admit John Wall is the real deal. We will just have to see how things pan out. Tell your sister I said, She is a smart girl. Oh and by the way, all the blue we need is out in the lake...erm.. brown... You get the idea. Haha.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero