PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Lurker

pnut12345 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The 3.5 upgrade broke my internet. I can't browse the web. I can stream radio and use MSN Messenger all day long, but web pages just flash the loading bar real quick, load 0 Kb, and say "done."

Anyone else have this issue with the upgrade, or know of a fix for it?

Yes, I am a noob at PPCs. Don't hate, just help
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gsessons is a n00b
what type of service do you have? (is it Cingular) Also try a hard reset first to see if that fixes the problem. ///When you try to go on the internet what does it say..
Old 07-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Lurker

pnut12345 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsessons
what type of service do you have? (is it Cingular) Also try a hard reset first to see if that fixes the problem. ///When you try to go on the internet what does it say..
Cingular. When I try to get on the net I'll type in the web address of the site, the loading bar at the bottom of the screen flashes all the way to the right very fast, "0k" shows as the amount of data loaded and the screen just stays white (because absolutely nothing loaded from the webpage). I've tried a hard reset, and I took back my first phone to exchange it for a new one. The new one already had the update applied, and it does the same thing so I don't think the update I downloaded was corrupted.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gsessons is a n00b
well if that is the case, i would then tell you try to update to another rom. I found this link on this (ppcgeeks) site http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=295456 try to search for another rom and hopefully that will work........
Old 07-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Lurker

pnut12345 is a n00b
If one of those roms fails can I still reflash and go back to an earlier rom. I just really can't afford to brick a $400 phone right now, but I'm not liking paying for a data plan that I can't use.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gsessons is a n00b
if you go to the site i gave you and ask that same question, they will let you know how to fix the phone so when ever you do a rom change you will not brick your phone. I can't really give the exact info. on that because i am at work (ssshhhhhhh), but the people on that site are very helpful. Also there is a lot more info about are 8525. I'm always on this site because i still have my 6700, but again xda has a whole lot about the 8525........i hope you get this fix
Old 07-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Lurker

earbuckle is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnut12345
The 3.5 upgrade broke my internet. I can't browse the web. I can stream radio and use MSN Messenger all day long, but web pages just flash the loading bar real quick, load 0 Kb, and say "done."

Anyone else have this issue with the upgrade, or know of a fix for it?

Yes, I am a noob at PPCs. Don't hate, just help
Disable the Proxy and your internet should work fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes