PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: t mobile has 4g speeds

turn out tmobile lie to me no h+ here and tmobile 3g is slow as hell 400kb only high is 800kb uploads not even 100 kb yuck returning my phone by tuesday but awsome phone thoe

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 07-29-2010, 03:09 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
turn out tmobile lie to me no h+ here and tmobile 3g is slow as hell 400kb only high is 800kb uploads not even 100 kb yuck returning my phone by tuesday but awsome phone thoe
where do you live in west texas? The only west Texas town that got it was el paso.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IPAQ 910C
Carrier: T-mobile

maiki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmphoto View Post
Yeah, so I travel a lot for my job and I've been doing the www.mobilespeedtest.com thing on my hd2 and I've found an interisting thing. When I test with Opera I get at the fastest so far anywhere, around 2megs download... Now when I us explorer I've gotten 22megs download at it's fastest? Tested at the exact same location and within a few seconds of each other? So wtf is up? anyone?
WTF is up?

If you are using Opera Mini, you will never get accurate results on those speedtests, because it goes through its server. I'm not sure if Opera Mobile does that--there may be a setting to turn that on and off.

The Internet Explorer results are probably the accurate ones.

Also, try tethering, and do a speedtest from your computer. That kind of flash speed test is more accurate.

You write above that with IE the results are 22MBPS?? I think that must be a misprint! Of course, if it is 22kbps, that would be VERY slow, even for GPRS. Perhaps it was 220 kbps. That could be accurate for 3G.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: adsense
Carrier: at&t

Jesmin is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: t mobile has 4g speeds

T-Mobile USA has just announced that their HSPA+ network is now the most pervasive in the country, currently covering more than 85m people and on track, the carrier promises, to offer HSPA+ to over 185m people by the end of 2010.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: adsense
Carrier: at&t

Jesmin is a n00b

Yes ...the speed of the t-mobile 4gs are awesome......... As its name suggest it is more powerful and intelligent from the 3gs phone and its speed is really very good.......http://www.decalskin.com and it would get more fame from the user........
Yah T-Mobile USA has their HSPA+ network is now the most pervasive in the country, currently covering more than 85m people and on track, http://www.decalskin.comthe carrier promises, to offer HSPA+ to over 185m people by the end of 2010.Its really very nice.......
Old 08-13-2010, 08:22 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE
Threadstarter

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i still dont get how do we know if were on hspa+
Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 PM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
i still dont get how do we know if were on hspa+
I'm pretty sure that if you are in a city that got the upgrade and your phone says H, then you are probably getting hspa+.
If you get speeds like my sig, then you are definitely on hspa+!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

808granato is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki View Post
WTF is up?

If you are using Opera Mini, you will never get accurate results on those speedtests, because it goes through its server. I'm not sure if Opera Mobile does that--there may be a setting to turn that on and off.

The Internet Explorer results are probably the accurate ones.

Also, try tethering, and do a speedtest from your computer. That kind of flash speed test is more accurate.

You write above that with IE the results are 22MBPS?? I think that must be a misprint! Of course, if it is 22kbps, that would be VERY slow, even for GPRS. Perhaps it was 220 kbps. That could be accurate for 3G.
I get around 400kbps with Opera mobilespeedtest.com
get 2083kbps with Internet Explorer.
Is the Opera "actually" that much slower, or are the numbers just getting screwy because data goes through their server like you state above?

Set up a tether and and got 43000kbps (desktop to HD2 to home wi-fi router. Couldnt get xda wifi sharing to work with my wifi turned off on phone. So I think I only tested local DSL speeds???)

Last edited by 808granato; 08-16-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 08-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hd2
Carrier: t mobile

limhd is a n00b

hey everyone i flashed to energy rom and now i am receiving 4g speed
Old 08-27-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limhd View Post
hey everyone i flashed to energy rom and now i am receiving 4g speed
flashing the ROM does nothing for your internet speeds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2