PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 08:25 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
t mobile has 4g speeds

heres a nice little article on tmobile hspa+
http://www.tmonews.com/2010/05/t-mob...e-4g-launches/
Old 05-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Re: t mobile has 4g speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
heres a nice little article on tmobile hspa+
http://www.tmonews.com/2010/05/t-mob...e-4g-launches/

Also, the super fast HSPA+ network is now available in Upstate New York (Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse), Connecticut (Hartford, New Haven, Milford and Stamford), Providence R.I., Memphis, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey and suburban Washington DC. Magenta states that their HSPA+ network will expand into Washington, D.C., and Boston “in the coming weeks.” So what do you think of these 4G speeds, eh (*wink, wink)? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

I just love it when anybody tries to justify getting screwed by sprint year after year year after year year after year......
Old 05-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I get the h on my taskbar sometimes here in florida.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I get the h on my taskbar sometimes here in florida.

The H you get there is for HSDPA which is basically 3.5G. The HSPA+ will be substainally faster. I have been getting the H icon ever since I installed a custom taskbar as the stock TMO stockbar doesn't include the icon. Glad to see the list of cities growing so fast, supposed to be fully rolled out by the end of the year.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

is it true that the hd2 isn't capable of +? I read that somewhere.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have been told by bosses and people on the tech side of things at work that all 3g smartphones are + capable. All 3g towers are + capable as well and it is just up to TMO to flip the switch for everyone to have the speeds.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

I have pretty consistent HSDPA service in my area...much faster than the 3g speeds I was getting with my Diamond on Sprint. Once Sprints WiMax network is up I'll be able to compare 4g.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2 US TMO
Carrier: Magenta

Nibbley15 is becoming a great contributor

Right out of the users manual: (Both the 1024 & 512 versions)
HSPA/WCDMA: 1700/2100 MHz Up to 2 Mbps upload and 7.2 Mbps download speeds Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (Band frequency, HSPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent.)

Old 06-03-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor

Yeah, so I travel a lot for my job and I've been doing the www.mobilespeedtest.com thing on my hd2 and I've found an interisting thing. When I test with Opera I get at the fastest so far anywhere, around 2megs download... Now when I us explorer I've gotten 22megs download at it's fastest? Tested at the exact same location and within a few seconds of each other? So wtf is up? anyone?

It's WMPhoto for short...
For long it's www.waltmiddletonphoto.com
take a look and enjoy...
Walt
Old 06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: Verizon

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

I get H speeds all the time. I have great coverage with TMobile...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2