PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Now Offers EVO 4G With Android 2.3 Ginberbread

Sprint now offers Evo 4G with Android 2.3 Gingerbread - Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers

Gingerbread coming to the HTC Evo Soon? Sprint's site says so...or it's a typo... - Android Forums

[Q] Shipping with 2.3???? - xda-developers
Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Now Offers EVO 4G With Android 2.3 Ginberbread

Good stuff bro...
Thanks.
p.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, there was a release last week about security issues with Androids older than Gingerbread. I guess that put a little fire under their butt.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... It makes alot of sense to move on instead of working on a fix.
p.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Update: And we just got the official word from Sprint:
It was mistakenly posted on Sprint.com that HTC EVO 4G with Android 2.2, Gingerbread, was available through our sale channels. We apologize for any confusion. HTC EVO 4G currently uses Android 2.2, Froyo, but we plan to upgrade to Android 2.3 as soon as we can.

Source: AndroidCentral.com

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc EVO

Tomcat420m is a n00b
Sprint really needs to do something. They wonder why people rather go somewhere else. The phones are staying the same. Not any power house phones. If they do get that Samsung Within that would be only phone that compare to the g2x for example, except looks like will lack 4g.Like the EVO3D they did up some specs but still is lacking. One is 3d you can really tell difference in 720p/1080p. It will be same in from a 8MP camera to a 5MP. +internal memory, very slow data speeds. Test it. Not even in same ballpark as Verizon for example.Barely any 4g coverage compared to another carrier that has a very large coverage span, T-Mobile. For example. They say they were the first 4g company. That's all they can say. Sprint is falling in the background. They no longer have a bargaining chip. Before they at least had the best phones. Now they can't even update our software. Gingerbread for example.
This just all my opinion, you may agree or disagree as always. Compare specs and what I said to see for yourself. Thank you everyone for there time & patience.

Sent from my EVO Sense 3.0. (Forget THE EVO3D, & check out the Samsung Within)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat420m View Post
Sprint really needs to do something. They wonder why people rather go somewhere else. The phones are staying the same. Not any power house phones. If they do get that Samsung Within that would be only phone that compare to the g2x for example, except looks like will lack 4g.Like the EVO3D they did up some specs but still is lacking. One is 3d you can really tell difference in 720p/1080p. It will be same in from a 8MP camera to a 5MP. +internal memory, very slow data speeds. Test it. Not even in same ballpark as Verizon for example.Barely any 4g coverage compared to another carrier that has a very large coverage span, T-Mobile. For example. They say they were the first 4g company. That's all they can say. Sprint is falling in the background. They no longer have a bargaining chip. Before they at least had the best phones. Now they can't even update our software. Gingerbread for example.
This just all my opinion, you may agree or disagree as always. Compare specs and what I said to see for yourself. Thank you everyone for there time & patience.

Sent from my EVO Sense 3.0. (Forget THE EVO3D, & check out the Samsung Within)
I'd have to agree with you on this. I have been looking around and T-Mobile is not looking too bad. I left them a long time ago due to lack of 3g on their network. I like their new $79 unlimited plan too. I tested their 3g a while back and I got 4mb down with the hd2. My 3g sucks on Sprint and 4g is a myth to me. Just a thought.

Not too excited with the phone options right now. I really like the annual upgrades, but they switched me to silver status because I don't pay enough and I haven't been with them 10 years. Just my thoughts. I guess you'll have things you won't like about any carrier, grass is always greener kind of thing.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Sprint really needs to roll out wimax2..or at east wimax-enchanced side by side with LTE if they plan to go that route..

T-mobile is already activated 42mbps HSPA+ and a usb modem compatible with it...also been a leak of a Samsung Hercules that will support 42mbps HSPA+...

With the loss of all those 3g towers..I think sprint is gonna end up with boost mobile as its primary business ..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
2.3, android, evo 4g, gingerbread