PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CtDMonet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help - EVO Brick?

Hmm. I was running WarmTwoPointTwo, and having trouble installing SPB MS5.0 Beta. It kept giving me a network problem. I thought I'd flash a clean ROM then try the MS install. I had heard good things about CM7, and tried to flash it, through ROM Manager. It appeared to lock up on a black screen, so I popped the battery and restarted recovery.

If I try recovery, I get black screen of death (with a phone picture and red warning triangle?). If I simply reboot, I get skateboarding android on infinite loop. I saw on this forum (a little farther down) that I could "format all.zip" and start fresh. I don't really know what that means. I mean I pushed format all.zip there when I rooted the phone, but I don't know how to get there now - I think I forgot everything when I started using Rom Manager (and I really didn't understand all of it then). Help?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Help - EVO Brick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtDMonet View Post
Hmm. I was running WarmTwoPointTwo, and having trouble installing SPB MS5.0 Beta. It kept giving me a network problem. I thought I'd flash a clean ROM then try the MS install. I had heard good things about CM7, and tried to flash it, through ROM Manager. It appeared to lock up on a black screen, so I popped the battery and restarted recovery.

If I try recovery, I get black screen of death (with a phone picture and red warning triangle?). If I simply reboot, I get skateboarding android on infinite loop. I saw on this forum (a little farther down) that I could "format all.zip" and start fresh. I don't really know what that means. I mean I pushed format all.zip there when I rooted the phone, but I don't know how to get there now - I think I forgot everything when I started using Rom Manager (and I really didn't understand all of it then). Help?
can you get to hboot
hold power button
and volume down

if you can then you can reload recovery
PC36IMG.zip - MD5SUM: 6dbb98f9cfa35033982c3803d2520466
  • Place PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sd card.
  • Boot the phone into the bootloader by powering the phone down, then press the power and the volume down buttons at the same time.
  • Once the phone boots into the bootloader the phone will automatically recognize the zip file. It will ask if you would like to update, select yes and let it do it's thing and you will be good to go

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 03-23-2011 at 02:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I gather you used Unrevoked to root? Red triangle means that you need to plug your phone in to a computer and access recovery through adb. If you rooted using that long method in the sticky, the phone can go into recovery without adb. And Ive also read that clockMod isnt that stable or a recovery because it cant wipe correctly. You may also want to flash AmonRa recovery. It will be a lot easier in the future.

[TUTORIAL/HOW TO] Basics of ADB - xda-developers

Its all in that first post
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

CtDMonet is a n00b

This worked great. I have no 4G in CM7, tho. I was trying to try a beta of MS 5.0, but keep getting a not connected error when I try to activate....trying deck RC4...

-Al

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
brick, evo