PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Unhappy Black specs taking over screen, need to flash back to stock from MIUI!!! Help? :)

Hey guys, so I dropped my evo down a flight of stairs (who's awesome?) and have a cracked screen and there are tons of these little green specs that are slowly taking over my screen. I'm mostly worried about the black specs that are slowly taking over my screen too. But I'm, of course, not looking for a fix or anything silly like that.

I have insurance and I'm going to go get a new one (hopefully not refurbished, but likely). So I really need help re-locking up my phone.

Normally I'd just use the sticky thread and go through the directions, but since I'm running MIUI I did a few things different in the flashing process (like switching radios I think) and I don't want to screw anything up or miss something. SO! Is there any patient, kind folk out there willing to help an idiot out? Giving me the zip files and all that nonsense would be awesome (or giving me a thread to find it all) but what I'm really looking for is someone to kind of give me a kind of walkthrough.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Black specs taking over screen, need to flash back to stock from MIUI!!! Help? :

I haven't run the MIUI ROM but you should be good if you flash the latest stock Sprint ROM and then the latest stock Sprint radio. If you aren't comfortable trying it, I would recommend posting the same question from your OP in the MIUI ROM thread over at XDA and see if the chef will guide you.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Re: Black specs taking over screen, need to flash back to stock from MIUI!!! Help? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I haven't run the MIUI ROM but you should be good if you flash the latest stock Sprint ROM and then the latest stock Sprint radio. If you aren't comfortable trying it, I would recommend posting the same question from your OP in the MIUI ROM thread over at XDA and see if the chef will guide you.
Well I tried flashing back to sprint stock but it keeps saying there is a usb connection error. great. i flashed back to myns rom since it was still on my card and that didnt help any. sigh. so frustrating.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

download load a pc36img.zip and try it
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2018113-post130.html

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
download load a pc36img.zip and try it
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2018113-post130.html
So put that file onto my SD card and then flash it like I would any other ROM?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
So put that file onto my SD card and then flash it like I would any other ROM?
download
Rename to pc36img.zip
Copy the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your SD Card
Power off your phone
While holding the VOLUME DOWN button, power on the phone
Your phone will enter bootloader and automatically scan the file and prompt you to update
Press VOLUME UP the install the update
When completed, press VOLUME UP to reboot the phone
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
download
Rename to pc36img.zip
Copy the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your SD Card
Power off your phone
While holding the VOLUME DOWN button, power on the phone
Your phone will enter bootloader and automatically scan the file and prompt you to update
Press VOLUME UP the install the update
When completed, press VOLUME UP to reboot the phone
See, I did that and it just did something really fast and then nothing happened and just sat on HBOOT. I'm pretty sure it said wrong image file or no image file. And that was it.

And why do I download it and rename it the same thing? I never understood that.

Also, it might be because I have like, two other pc36 zips on my sd card. is that why? i was afraid to delete them, i didnt know if they had to be on there or not...
Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 PM
N00b

remove all pc36img from you sd
download
PC36IMG_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2 .15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.zip (202.01 MB)
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
and rename to PC36IMG.zip

hboot looks for pc36img files so anything that needs to be load threw hboot is named pc36img
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wtf I did that, i put it on my sd, changed its name and it just says wrong image file and then stays on hboot waiting for me to do something! my god i never knew switching to stock would be such a pain in the ass! i might not even unlock when i get my new evo, (if i even do)
Old 03-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
remove all pc36img from you sd
download
PC36IMG_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2 .15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.zip (202.01 MB)
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
and rename to PC36IMG.zip

hboot looks for pc36img files so anything that needs to be load threw hboot is named pc36img
It worked! It's because I renamed it with ".zip" on the end so it read it as .zip.zip. *facepalm* idiot. thanks a toooonnnnnnn !!!

But thats all I did and when I go into HBOOT it says S-ON. How? I don't remember switching the security back on...?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G