PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Beast Rooted & Unleash!!
Carrier: sprint

turboll is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Metro pcs launched 4g in miami!!

i dunno know if is old news but i saw a sing this morning and went to a metro store by my house well there was this salesman showing me his new supersonotronic samsung phone! so i acted stupid after playin with the internet browser for a bit it seem a lot faster than the regular speed they had before so then i pull out my gigantic muscular supersonic evo! and he said thats a nice but it doesnt have 4g! and i said yes i does and he said no it doesnt sprint sells them as 4g but they are not! it works on wimax which they stoped making them too and he like so sure about it so i turned my 4g radio and ask him to convince me lets do a speedtest i did and got 10.23 mbps and he said thats not 4g speed and by that point couple of people were sorrownding us so i told him to do a test which he did and got 390 kbps so i asked him if he knew the diff between his speed and mine and i quick reply thats 20 times faster your speed and he was spechless lol should see their faces the only bad thing is a dont get 4g in my house! that sucks sprint better get to work on that problem b4 i get tired!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Metro pcs launched 4g in miami!!

If you are north of tens years old, I recommend you use some punctuation in your posts. If you are younger, have your mom write your posts.

Beyond that, Metro has a phone on LTE. LTE (Long Term Evolution) is entering the game late and their towers are sparely populated.

WiMax is an IEEE standard. 802.16e I believe. I was in on the groundwork with that when I was with Galaxy Eng. under American tower. We were exploring Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access in 2001. At low power it does not penetrate structures very well but it does bounce between buildings and through tunnels and through windows. It was originally developed to send signals through tunnels and large cities with tall skyscrapers where traditional TDMA/CDMA was having such a bad time.

Sprint started placing Wimax towers in Baltimore and has agressively been placing beams on towers across the land.

The race will be to the quickest. Sprint is taken a beaten on 4G but the race is still early because of Cisco's deep pockets. 802.16m is already being rolled out which will blow LTE out of the sky.

There is a tendency of users to proclaim the bandwidth is greener on the other side of the fence but I have yet to run across an LTE customer that was satisfied. A month ago, I stopped inside a MetroPCS store and heard the saleman tell a potential customer about the wonderful LTE to come. When the customer asked about what LTE was available now, he was told "it will come soon".

My 4G is very stable at work which is in Atlanta. It is a little spotting where I live which is in a small town but since I am always on WiFi when I get home, I seldom notice if it is improving. Understanding the underlying technology, I am banking my money on Wimax until I learn otherwise.

And if you get tired, I suggest you take a little nap.

Last edited by lkillen; 01-25-2011 at 07:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G