PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: okay i messed up and need some help!

when at hboot do it say s-off at the top..

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-18-2011, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yes and im sorry i didnt realize it went to 2nd page
Old 01-18-2011, 03:44 AM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

did you try to use the pc36img from this post?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2018113-post130.html
Old 01-18-2011, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

how exactly do you do it? i just thought the pc36img was to be done from the sd card only?

Last edited by jwinn35; 01-18-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 AM
N00b

ok if run the ruu or using any pc36img didnt help last resort
never tried this

take the pc36img file and take out the files
and us this and run each file

via terminal app or adb

1. Copy ?????????.img to the root of your sdcard
  2. start the terminal app or launch adb
  3. su(press enter)
  4. flash_image recovery /sdcard/???????.img(press enter)
  5. reboot recovery(press enter)

nevermind i forgot you didnt have recovery... just try to put each img file or your card one at a time

Last edited by Karl; 01-18-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
how exactly do you do it?
just put the pc36img file on you sdcard and hope hboot will see it
Old 01-18-2011, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

okay ill download it and try it out. if it doesnt work ill try the last resort option. its going to take a few to download the image though. should i be able to directly copy and past your commands? and how do i get access to my phone through cmd prompt? do i change directory to the directory that has the adb in it? i forget from when i first flashed it.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 AM
N00b

this will show you how to use adb
[GUIDE] ADB, Fastboot, and Nandroid for Noobs - xda-developers
Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 AM
N00b

if this doesnt work then its time to take sprint and get a new one
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

alriht thanks a lot for everything and i should have known to come here in the first place to root and get all my information.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G