PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

jwinn35 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
okay i messed up and need some help!

First let me say im glad to be posting back on ppcgeeks per i have been using a palm pre for well over a year and spent many hours here when i had my touch pro. Okay I have an evo and was flashed to sprint lovers rom and had to flash it back to stock. From what ive learned going and looking at every forum I could find about the problem ive learned that maybe i have an hboot that was too far advanced for the ruu i tried to run. It came back with a error saying some of the parts of the rom couldnt be found and the flash didnt go through. After this my evo went to the htc logo and 4 triangles in the corners. When i try to power on and vol down it wont come on at all. if it is in the htc triangle screen i plug the cable into the pc and unplug it goes to boot screen but only gives me ruu highlighted yellow as an option. I have hboot 2.10 with s-off and absolutely have to try and figure out what to do. the weirdiest thing is it seemed to murder my battery as well because my phone will only turn on with my wifes battery in its lace. I even tried t put m batter in her phoe and let t charge but nothing. everything i have found does not work. I have tried to install ruu after ruu and none of them will find my phone when i plug it into the comp. someone please please help me out i have to take the phone back in the morning to get a new one and that is why i was trying to go back to stock in the first place. I was flashed to the sprint lovers rom as i went through the flashing by way of the xda forum flashing step by step through ade or whatever it is where you use the cmdprompt to do it. I am new to android as i just got the phone last wednesday so reading through some forums i really dont understand their lingo and be able to follow what they have said. anyone that can help me in idots guide to android verbiage. thanks to anybody.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: okay i messed up and need some help!

long post..

so you can not get to hboot right and if you use and ruu and run it from your puter it doesnt detect your fone?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-18-2011, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
long post..

so you can not get to hboot right and if you use and ruu and run it from your puter it doesnt detect your fone?
yes 100% correct. but in hboot all i have to choose from is ruu and if i plug the usb cable in it goes straight back into the htc 4 triangle deal. oh and sorry for being so long but i wanted to give the most information i could about my prob.

Last edited by jwinn35; 01-18-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:57 AM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

what ruu did you try to run ?
when at hboot does it scan for img?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

Quote:
what ruu did you try to run ?
when at hboot does it scan for img?
when i get to boot it does not scan and pressing the power button does nothing for the highlighted ruu. I have tried a few from here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2018113-post130.html

the 3.70 the 3.30 one. and i first tried some really old stock rom. 1.32 i think. didnt know at the time that you needed to try and run one that was in line with your hboot version.
lol i just realized you were the one who posted the ruu links i used. also when i plug my wifes evo in the comp recognizes it right away.

Last edited by jwinn35; 01-18-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 AM
N00b

have you tried to switch usb ports and run ruu again
Old 01-18-2011, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

Quote:
have you tried to switch usb ports and run ruu again
no but like i said my wifes evo recognizes fine ill try it out though.

nope nothing still

Last edited by jwinn35; 01-18-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

when i plug it in my device info shows adb interface when it doesnt before hand and the sub menu says HTC bootloader. when i do it with my wifes it says android phone instead. does that mean that maybe i can use adb to try and flash it? i dont know like i said im a complete noob.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:26 AM
N00b

you run i ruu from your computer? or you use the pc36img?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jwinn35 is a n00b

Quote:
you run i ruu from your computer? or you use the pc36img?
ran it from the computer and since this there is no way i can even try to load it from sd card with pcimg. i initially installed it from the xda directions through adb using the pcimg they supplied in the post. i think it was the sprint lovers rom or something like that.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G