PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP ASAP Titanium Backup

You should wipe all of your caches, data, dalvik, and system then reflash the rom and start over. Something didn't go right during the flash process. Or even try a different rom. Did you do a nand backup before you flashed a new rom. If you did just restore it and your all good, if you didn't shame on you for not backing up.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

curtiscr87 is a n00b

No I did do a nand backup, I did everything you just mentioned twice and still doesn't work. I don't know what to do I have never had problems with omjs roms
Old 12-25-2010, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq, Imagio, Evo 4G
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Sit Bits is becoming a great contributor

If you have your nand backup. Just restore your nand you should be good to go.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

try to restore on different rom to see if the rom

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 12-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Nand back to your previous rom, delete all your titanium backups and redo them. Then factory reset, flash the new ROM and try to restore.

I don't see why you would ever need to "lose" the phone and get a new one in this case. The phone is not defective.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

All of this over some pissed off birds!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

curtiscr87 is a n00b

No I really wouldn't get a new phone I was just pissed. This is the best phone ever. And angry birds is winning the war......
Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Look Curtis, slow down and take a breath.

All your apps are still on the market. The Market keeps track of the ones you have purchased and even the ones that you have downloaded. You can replace them all for no charge. But let's get that phone cleaned up.

You say you are rooted. Have you down loaded "SuperUser" from the market? If not, do so and install (update) it.

You are on 3.70 so I recommend you download a stock Rom. It is very easy to install. Sprint Lover's or Azreal 3.0 are two very stable stock Roms. Download one of them and transfer to your SDCard.

Install Amon_RA recovery. Clockwork does not wipe clean. The easiest way to do this is with the Rom Manager in the Alternate Recovery menu setting.

Now Shutdown and boot into recovery. Do a Nanroid backup. Wipe the caches (spelled out on Sprint Lover's and Azreal's links.) Flash one of these Roms. The first time the phone starts, it will take some time.

When your phone starts up, you will probably need to start out fresh. You will have to set up your mail account(s) and log into the Market. Use the Market download feature to track the apps you won. I would re-install ALL of them that I wanted. Don't restore back-ups. You girlfriend will be on square 1 in Birds but think how much better she will be when she finishes.

Once you get your phone tuned, go back to recovery and do another Nandroid B/U.
So you lost a few things but you will be the wiser for it. Remember, it wasn't the programs, the phones or the people hear who did this. Most of us have been in your state. You are evolving. But slow down and take very methodical steps.

Considering what we are doing, the EVO is pretty forgiven. We are running around where the system says we don't belong and we get away with it. In all my time on this site, I can only remember one or two occassions where a phone was so mis-configured that it had to go back to Sprint (or lost). RSA keys come to mine.

If your girlfriend can get through the loss of Angry Birds, slip some prozac in her slurpy. She has issues.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G