PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

rnb754 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bluetooth headset

what is the best bluetooth headset for the htc evo 4g? what do u recommend?? pros?? cons??
Old 12-24-2010, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: bluetooth headset

That is subjective. You would probably be better off asking, "What headsets should I avoid." People tend to remember bad dreams longer.

I like the Motorola S-9/10 for music but it sucks for phone. Your milage may differ.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

I agree with the hd s-9 though i just ordered my new hd s10 yesterday. The s10 is supposed to be water/sweat proof and i know that music sounded great on my s-9

edit: at the very least if its no water/sweat proof it is supposed to be very water/sweat resistant.

Last edited by mjcole2003; 12-24-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: need to add to statement
Old 12-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
The motorola s9 is great for music and small conversations in low noise environments. The hd version is probably even better for music. Don't know if there is any noise cancellation on the new hd version. If there is then try that. I also recommend the jawbone icon. This by far the best headset I have used and people on other end never complain or know im using a headset. It works with the evos voice dial and you can install different apps from the jawbone website right on the headset. Check out reviews on cnet.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 12-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My dad uses the Jawbone Icon with his EVO and loves it!
Old 12-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Same hear with the icon. I have been a huge fan of jawbone since they came out(jawbone, jawbone 2, jawbone prime, jawbone icon) and the icon quite frankly is an amazing headset. I have been in situation where the background noise was so noisey that I could barely here myself talk, literally, but the other person could hear me loud and clear and couldn't hear what was happening around me. The only issue I have ever had with any of their headsets is getting that shit to fit just right in my ear. So if you go icon you might want to invest in some jabra eargels which work perfectly with the icon and other jawbone headsets.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

Nibis is just getting started

I have the plantronics voyager pro, and it works great, battery lasts forever, only problem is that it's not sweat resistant
Old 12-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Ok, I've tested tons of BT headsets and here's my opinion.

Jawbone ICON. Works well, esp with Vlingo, good sound both receiving and sending. Fit can be troublesome with folks. Battery life, under 4 hours talk. One of my favorites.

Plantronics Voyager Pro/Pro Plus. Pro and pro plus are physically the same size, pro plus adds a2dp audio. CAN be uncomfortable with some ears, horrible for folks that wear glasses. Battery life is astonishing.

Blueant Q1/Q2, nice headset, both are great sounding. battery life under 4 hours use. Fit can be troublesome as well.

Motorola S9. Receive audio was good, transmit was troublesome. Fit is horrid for some folks, too much pressure, to tight, etc. Battery life good. Stereo.

Plantronics 925. Good audio. Battery life less than 3 hours. Fit can suck.

Plantronics 975. Same quality as the Voyager pro, no behind the ear bulk. Battery life less than 4 hours. One of my favorites. Fit can be troublesome with some ears.

What to avoid.... Things like the "odd brands"/"cheap brands" like Coby, Rocketfish, Hello Kitty, Samsung, Looxcie, some cheap Motorola's.

Honestly, you usually get what you pay for when it comes to audio quality (except for maybe the new Bose one.) The top 3 in the BT headset world are Plantronics (who've been doing voice headsets longer than many of you were born), Blueant and Aliph (Jawbone series)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I am a talk radio junky and ride a Harley. I put my phone in the saddle bag, connected to a cigar lighter. I wear the S-9 and can hear clear as a bell up to 80 mph. I wear a half helmet (DOT) so the battery is able to stay below it.

I am able to answer calls and have even talked at speeds below 45 but the person on the other end has to struggle with background noise (open V&H pipes).

My only compaint is that the button to answer calls seems to be unreliable. Sometimes I can answer incoming but other times I have to use the phone to answer.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

spivey8 is just getting started

I had the Plantronics Voyager Pro and loved it. I drive a Tow truck and it was the only bluetooth that was loud enough that I can hear the people on the other end even with the window down. Also it cuts out the background noise very well. I sound great to them also. My wife loves not hearing the sound of the motor of my truck haha

Now if you do buy one, get it at best buy and get the 2 year plan. I have been through 4 of these. I think because of the sweat. I work outside so on a 105 day it got a little wet from the sweat.

I now have the Plantronics Voyager Pro plus and I love how you can listen to music now with the bluetooth. It also tells you how much battery you have left. This one also connects back to the Evo better ....say if you walk to far away from the Evo and then get close to it again.

Now people will still hear the wind, but hands down the best bluetooth i have ever owned

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G