PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
issues since 4g?

seems like since 4g got to my area, my phone is acting much like my olde touch pro 2, spotty internet connections, calls not coming in, emails got mixed up in separate email accts, weather not up dating or dropping the connection and the same in app market,
I got this phone 2 weeks after its introduction, has worked perfectly since day one, im not rooted any only have apps installed from the app store, so...
im thinking, this phone changed personalitys for no apparent reason or 4g is a issue.

thoughts comments or anyone else experiencing the same???
by the way, took it to sprint repair store n did a hard reset....still acting the same, so they are replacing my otherwide perfect condition device as of today
thnx
dave
Old 12-11-2010, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: issues since 4g?

Turn off 4G and see if the problem goes away.

4G is a fickle band. Does not penetrate buildings well. Your phone will keep trying to reacquire it when it is lost. Many apps suffer when switch from 4 to 3G and have to be restarted.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

Welcome to Sprint's next generation data... Oh, and we get to pay extra for it! In the little over a month I've had my Evo, I have come to the conclusion that Wimax absolutely blows. Swiss cheese spotty coverage that here in Las Vegas works reliably about 70% of the time, and hardly works indoors anywhere I have tried it. It will switch back and forth so often to 3G the phone gets confused and starts displaying both at the same time (and neither will work)... When you have a good solid connection it's very fast, but I am finding more often than not, 3G is faster... For some reason lately I've been getting a decent 4G signal, but essentially no data (0-25 kps)... Now add to this there is some kind of software issue with the EVO and 4G where a 4G connection will eventually slow the phone to a crawl until it is restarted... Not good. Disgraceful actually. I'm afraid Wimax won't be around long if they don't figure out a way of improving it's coverage... Honestly, what good is data that only works outdoors? I tried leaving it on in my car once with Navigator running and the 4G must have switched on and off 10 times before my destination... Full strength, off, full strength, off, weak signal, off... Crazy.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Wimax has been a let-down, for sure. I have 4G in the Atlanta area but as you say, it is spotting and for the nature lovers. I keep it turned off. Metro PCS is getting LTE. Don't know if that will be much better. I am told that it is but that their towers are much more sparse.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G