PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
General Reactions/Feelings/Policy...ect.

After stewing for a day over this I fig'd I'd shoot the community a questionaire for feedback. Not sure which way I should go with this but after 6 months of having a great EVO, It had a small flaw with the screen so I took it in and they replacedthe device with a refurb..no worries. Done. I get my refurb and the screen has a Liquid Crystal blot/spot. Took it in again after a week, and he replaced my screen. I didn't watch him as I ran out and came back, got in my car and noticed its a marred up dented up screen and outside. Keep in mind I am maticulous with my devices. How would you feel and what would you do in the aftermath. Sidenote: I was caught in limbo on how I felt and didn't have the time yesterday to fight it. Thanks for the feedback in advance=D>
Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: General Reactions/Feelings/Policy...ect.

Your the one that has to be happy. You paid for the phone, if it isn't right take it back and have them replace the screen again. I'm the same way, I like my phone to look good. If I wanted a piece of crap I would have bought a Hero or Moment. Have them fix it.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I agree with cruise350

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 Cruise350.

Make them fix that shiot! And if they keep it up, tell them you want to talk to retensions because your about to goto another carrier over this. I bet they will overnight you a new phone!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

+1 To all the responses so far.

I bought my evo bright and early june 4th and to this very day it still looks brand spanking new. If for whatever reason I were to need a replacement it had better look like the one its replacing or we will have a problem.

Edit: To add though I am never the type of customer to act like an ass when I don't get my way. In most cases showing a little professionalism goes a long way, unlike some members here that act like a spoiled brat because they couldn't get what they want from sprint then create a youtube video crying about it but thats another thread in itself so I will leave it at that.

Last edited by themuffinman; 11-30-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

+1 You're the customer and you're the one paying the bill.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yep I agree with everyone above, just do it right away so they don't try to say that you did it
Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

jeriel05 is keeping up the good workjeriel05 is keeping up the good work
Just take it back show them the problem and have them fix it. When I first got my Evo the front row lights would not turn off completely they would stay really dim. I took it to sprint and they said it was a bad screen so they replaced it, after getting phone I get in the car and notice that the front row lights still wouldn't turn off completely. I took it back again and told them it was still was happening, they didn't believe me at first and they actually asked a costumer in the store if they could borrow his phone to see if his would do this or not. When they realized his would fully shutdown and the lights on mine stayed dim they apologized and ordered me a replacement, the replacement I got was new not a refurbished. Just keep it cool and take it back.

Sent From My "EVO" using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I'd take it back.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You should get it replaced since the workmanship was not up to quality control that being you. A nother part of phone should not be damaged to fix another.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G