PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 04:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lokalori is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problems charging

I've been having problems charging my phone recently. The symptoms vary. I charge my phone on an ac charger only.

orange light turns off and it just stops charging even though plugged in and not at full capaticty.

The phone goes into usb debugging mode.

I have the phone plugged in and orange light is on and I'm wifi tethering but the phone stays at the same level or slowly drains.

Is there a way to check the charging current the phone is recieving when charging with an app? I know the batteries charge and will reach full charge when I use my battery charger. This happens to both my OEM battery and chinese batteries. It seems like it's a hardware malfunction. I'm not sure if I should go back to stock and see if it happens again and if I should take it to sprint for replacement.

-Loki
Old 11-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: problems charging

aftermarket charger? if so, thats the problem.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Souunds like bad micousb port on phone jappened to two weeks ago.. wlll phonee scyn computer if thats it
Old 11-14-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I have having the very same thing and it started right after the 3.30.651 update. I installed the odexed rooted RUU from XDA and it started immediately after. It happens on my stock AC charger and my car AC adapter. I logged in to post this very issue.

For one thing, the charging light will go out. It used to be always green or orange but never out! I will unplug it and replug it back in and notice that it is only at 75%.

I assume that will all the complaints with battery life, the HTC boy having been ****ing with the charging cycle logic and introdiced a bug.

I am going to roll back to .2 and see if that corrects it.

SW No. 3.30.651.3 odexed rooted
S-off
stock ROM
Old 11-14-2010, 05:52 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ether a bad micro port or after market charger.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 PM
VIP Member

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Just to prove it to myself, I am going to roll back to .2
The problem with believing it is the Micro-port is the fact that I can lay the phone down on the counter and watch is charge for a few minutes and then the light will go out. Nothiung touched the phone or cable. If I touched the cable and it went out, i would assume a bad port or cable.

The fact that I noticed this hours after the .3 update makes me wonder.

BTW - I am a former Marine and while SSgt. ****s would run us around in circles in 95 F Parris Island heat, I would fantacize our platoon clothing in on him and beating him silly with our M-14s. I guess you could call that a mutinous thought.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
SSgt. ****s
What a hoot. I just noticed that my Drill Instructors last name was "bleated". His name rhymed with Kicks and started with a "D". Imagine having a name that is bleeped out!!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
VIP Member

I rollde back to .2 and the problem stopped. I charge go 100% and the light goes green and stays there.

I know the OS manages a Hi,Lo water mark on the battery voltage. It can be see in aLogger. I suspect that something went bad in that logic. Possibly it was focused to a different phone carcus whereas mine is a 002. Whatever the case, my phone seems to be functioning correctly now.

Also, .3 seem to introduce so jerky delays. They are gone now.

If you are on a 002 phone, I would stay away from the .3 update for the moment.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G