PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gizmodo asks which smartphone would you buy? EVO 4G on their poll, go vote!

Gizmodo is holding a poll asking their readers which smartphone would they buy right now. The EVO 4G is on the list and is currently in second behind the iPhone and the Droid X is on its heels.

If you're still happy with your EVO and would do it all over again, go vote for it!

If You Had to Get a Smartphone Today, Which Would You Buy?

Last edited by Clipp; 10-06-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Gizmodo asks which smartphone would you buy? EVO 4G on their poll, go vote!

I went and voted but I think that gizmodo swings from apple's nut sack just as much as engadget does if not more so basically the iphone is gonna win that poll hands down.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

iphone is winning with the evo in 2nd....but its not a close second
Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

true, I'd like to see the numbers end up being respectable though, especailly after the EVO won a popular mechanics award and got 2nd place over the iPhone 4 on PCWorld's top 10 smartphones list.

edit: I'm not saying it would ruin my day, but i'm not gonna lie, I don't want to see the Droid X finish in front of the EVO.

Last edited by Clipp; 10-06-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipp View Post
I'm not saying it would ruin my day, but i'm not gonna lie, I don't want to see the Droid X finish in front of the EVO.
It won't...ANYONE with a DroidX who says it doesn't suck, is a liar. I have both my own Evo, and works DroidX...Motorola made decent hardware, but the hard buttons rather than capacitive are dumb, the Motorola software interface really sucks...and there are just too many bugs with normal day to day stuff that HTC's version of Froyo doesn't have an issue with...like Push e-mail works when it wants to on the DroidX and then doesn't work randomly...and Froyo actually made it SLOWER...it made EVERY other phone faster, but it made the X slower...POS
Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yeah iPhone is prob gonna win...even if they have to tweak the poll to do so >.>

But real winner should be the Epic 4g lol....that said why isn't the Fascinate there..even though the G2 is..>.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Stock 2.2

Wizhk is just getting started

You really said Epic??? ROFL.. I guess you are one of there 3 votes. HAHA

Wizhk
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizhk View Post
You really said Epic??? ROFL.. I guess you are one of there 3 votes. HAHA

Wizhk
Hey..its not doing that bad..and it is a good device >.>..I mean out of all the Devices, Epic was the only one that Gizmodo actually favored over the iPhone..that has to account for something...like a heart attack...or 2..
Old 10-06-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I went and voted but I think that gizmodo swings from apple's nut sack just as much as engadget does if not more so basically the iphone is gonna win that poll hands down.

I would agree with you on this but lately Engadget hasn't been so Apple friendly. They killed them on the whole antenna issue an really gave it a good grade when it came to what phone was better. Even CNET who i think is REALLLY on Apples nuts said that the EVO was a better phone back then they did their prize fight segment.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
I would agree with you on this but lately Engadget hasn't been so Apple friendly. They killed them on the whole antenna issue an really gave it a good grade when it came to what phone was better. Even CNET who i think is REALLLY on Apples nuts said that the EVO was a better phone back then they did their prize fight segment.
Engadget isn't really Apple friendly..they just have 1-2 people who are biased towards Apple and review the Apple products in particular while every other phone is generally reviewed neutrally(at least in comparison). But since all the Apple products are reviewed by the pro Apple people it seems like they are Pro Apple...

As for the prize fight, is that segment just flips a dice for it or something...I mean it can't be more vague or wrong then prize fight lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, htc, poll