PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
serious issue with roaming please HELP!!!!!

I'm having a serious issue with roaming I live in central florida and in some areas the sprint service suck. I'm currently running the latest fresh rom as well as the latest klick kernel I have tried also stock kernel same thing. Currently have flashed pri 1.77 and I also had pri 1.43 and the same problem happened. When ever I try to make a call and if I'm in an area where there is no signal and I have to roam. Usually it is verizon towers when I call it says that you for calling verizon we are sorry we cannot authenticate your phone please call verizon customer service. If I try to call again several times it will actually xfer me over to an operator for verizon and ask me if I'm placing an international call. So I can not roam onany network because my phone can not be authenticated has anybody had this issue. Thank you please any help or adivse I would greatly apperciate thank you
Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work
Re: serious issue with roaming please HELP!!!!!

There's been a couple threads about it. You gotta call sprint and they reset your profile or sumpin.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

I am in pennsylvania and I have same issue I have called sprint many times with no resolve exculaded to some that has to call you leaves no return number if they do not get you and never tries to call you back latest they change my msid did not work
Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: "A 3vo named McGavin"

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor

I've had the same problem. I called Sprint, asked for a level 2 tech, and then asked them to refresh my phone in the system. I also verified that the wordage I used was correct so I could let others know what works. Immediately after the process my phone was able to roam.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Finally problem is fixed. Talk to a very knowledgeable person at sprint. If anybody is having this same issue call the 1-866 number that is posted on xda will get directly to advanced tech support. Tell them to open up ERM and refresh your towers after that your good to go. Also had rep research Bluetooth issue according to the sprint rep HTC will be releasing a fix in 3-4 weeks to fix all remaining Bluetooth issues with connectivity dropping and connecting.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2010, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Had this same problem. No data when roaming and also could not authenticate to Verizon towers. It was funny how Sprint said they had never heard of the problem before me yet there are obviously many people who experienced the same thing.

Conclusion: Everything was corrected by Sprint resetting the profile or "refreshing" it as they called it. I am also pretty certain I heard the rep say that they "removed then added data" back onto my account which also may have helped fix it. Either way the problem was on Sprint's side.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

I have been having roaming issues too. I wish my phone would stop roaming at night. there is the "force to roam" thread, but I don't want it to roam. I want my sprint network to work when the sun gets to the western side of me. A force to not roam app would be great. But full bars in AM in 3g and zero bars in roam in PM just sucks. Every day.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Trust me after dealing with the issue for several weeks. I must have talked to over a dozen people and everyone had a different reason why it wasn't working. I'm just happy its fixed. It just amazes me how many sprint employees know nothing and there in tech support but what kills me the most is the excuses why it want work I had 2 lady I spoke to and they told me that they don't have an agreement with Verizon then they said we have an agreement but only 20 sprint customers can use the roaming that lady needs to find her self a new job its one thing to not know its another thing to completly lie and try to me to agree with why its not working and go along with it. Should have tapped recorded the conversation it was hilarious.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2010, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
I have been having roaming issues too. I wish my phone would stop roaming at night. there is the "force to roam" thread, but I don't want it to roam. I want my sprint network to work when the sun gets to the western side of me. A force to not roam app would be great. But full bars in AM in 3g and zero bars in roam in PM just sucks. Every day.
You already can do that, even stock. Just set it to Sprint instead of Automatic.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint - bye bye VZW!

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

call up sprint tech support and ask them to reset your MSID... worked for me!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G