PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Hotmail on EVO using exchange

I beg to differ. the default htc mail client does let you sync via exchange with all your calanders contacts etc.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
The included mail app will not let you use exchange. It will not load your folders, sync your contacts, or sync your email. In my opinion it is just garbage. I know others have looked for this solution in the past. This email app is overall very friendly and easy to use.
You say it's garbage and very friendly all in the same paragraph, lol...

But yeah, you're wrong... My exchange syncs all my contacts, folders, calenders, ect...

Old 09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheinm View Post
I beg to differ. the default htc mail client does let you sync via exchange with all your calanders contacts etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC View Post
You say it's garbage and very friendly all in the same paragraph, lol...

But yeah, you're wrong... My exchange syncs all my contacts, folders, calenders, ect...
Sorry, what I wrote was confusing. I was referring to the stock email app as being garbage and the email app I have included as being very friendly.

I and several other people have been unable to do so. Maybe you are referring to providers other than Hotmail / Live. I get this message that says "unable to create account" or something to that effect. If you know a resolution to this I would love to hear it.

Last edited by litlepyro; 09-28-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cuellarm is a n00b

The HTC email client does not work with Hotmail via Exchange, only POP. This has been noted and documented by Microsoft. Supposedly Microsoft is working with HTC to come up with a fix, but in the meantime, the options are not all that great: sync with Hotmail via POP which is horrible, use the browser, or install the default Android email client, which does not support html in this case, and can only sync one Hotmail calendar. The HTC email client works well with other providers, just not with Hotmail.

This is all documented on the Windows Team blog. Copied from their site:

"Android support: We are continuing to test 2.2 clients against Hotmail, but prioritizing the stock 2.2 client over the vendor modified clients. The standard 2.2 client works well against Hotmail ActiveSync. HTC’s modified client on 2.2 has issues and we are working with them on finding a proper fix. Users have reported success in connecting to Hotmail after installing the stock client for 2.2 on their HTC device."

Hotmail now supports push email, calendar, and contacts with Exchange ActiveSync
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

s4audi is a n00b

Ive looked everywhere and this option that litlepyro gives us, WORKS!!!

Ill be sure to Thanks!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Easy solution, just don't use hotmail.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

On the numeric page, select 1/2 (it does not mean one-half)

You will find all those missing strokes like \,^,[], etc.

Hope that helps

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G