PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

idaman is keeping up the good workidaman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion...help me..

Hey i come with my first negative runin with Asurion after hearing all your horror stories in the past,

I submitted an online claim on Sunday night, and they needed me to verify who i am so i had to fill out a form and fax them the form and my drivers license... After that i got an email and they said the claim had been accepted and i will be receiving my phone within a day like normal.. this was monday(and yes i dropped my EVO a story it landed face first and shattered screen ill attach pics ifu want ;( ) now its thursday and when i try and call them they disconnect me because my claim is "processiong" and the website tells me to check back in 24 hrs... since like 80 hours ago...)

Called Sprint, they just went thru the phone to asurion like i did and were basically retarded as i told them i can do that myself and already have and Sprint just told me to wait it out... 3 business days max....today is 3 but they said i should have it tomorrow....?) I went thru two sprint reps and they said they cannot assist me...am i being paranoid or are they just screwing with me...?

Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: Asurion...help me..

sprint and asurion is separate. i don't think they communicate with each other but i can be wrong. and since it's the evo, it may take a while. it's not ovrnight like other phones

Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You're being paranoid..It took about 8 days for me to get my EVO from Asurion and the whole time it always said processing claim when I looked online.

The phone is really hard to keep in stock..Heck even when I got the email from Asurion that it shipped I called them to check the address they were sending it to and the lady told me it hadnt shipped yet and they were back ordered!

I told her I had a tracking # and everything haha
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

idaman is keeping up the good workidaman is keeping up the good work

ok thanks guys.,... thats pretty disheartening and very shady...aholes... and also when i went to file the claim online it said they had an evo in stock...probably ANOTHER lie, and yes asurion is not sprint i get that, but they do work closely together but its easier if they pretend not to so they can play the blame game and shift you around. they even have a special section on the form to have sprint reps fill it out for you and you are billed through SPRINT. So yes, the carrier is a middleman because it is more convenient for the consumer and makes them feel more secure with their service from sprint vs if i was a new customer asking you if you sell insurance and i referred you to a third party company... its simply easier through sprint for the average consumer
Old 09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

well get use to it....and butter up
Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

It will say Processing until they have one in stock to ship. I went thru that too and called and someone explained it to me. Took me 5 days to get the phone.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

webdude12 is a n00b

It took me 7 business days to get my Evo from them. I called in the claim and the lady told me 7-14 days, even offered me a different phone of equal or lessor value if I didnt want to wait that long.

I too think you are worrying over not much. My friend that is a Sprint Reseller cant even get a new phone in 3 days, you think Assurion is gonna be any different?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Pro

doobiedoo is a n00b

if you having trouble call them and don't use your number and get in touch with a rep then tell them your real number and issue
Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor

probably they dont have the evo n theyre waitng for new ones once they get new ones theyll send it dnt worry i claim mine n i got it like the 4rd day.. btu before accept the claim it had a mssg. that its gonna take 3 to 5 days for the reason that they have no evo.. so just wait

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When you send them back your old phone all they want is the phone and nothing else so you will have a spare battery and a spare usb cable and charger. Doesn't make up for the 100 bucks you have to pay for the claim but the battery and charger have to be worth about 50 bucks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G