PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272
Re: Should I be happy or pissed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
You know... the one thing I give the idiotic iPhone users credit for is that they don't whine and complain about every little spec of detail with their phones. Although, they don't really have much room too because Steve Jobs can essentially flip them the bird and they just keep coming back for more.

But man!! I never thought all the WinMo whiners would stick with whining even when they have a fantastic product in their hands.
Who's whining?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
^furthermore, why would a Sprint repair center remove the new screen from a new phone to put an old screen into it, when the complaint was about the screen to begin with?
The tech only swapped the screens after he took out my SD card, placed it in his computer, and the SD card locked up his computer. (At that point, he realized it wasn't the phone or the screen...it was the SD card.) He swapped the screen so I wouldn't have to buy another glove thingee. Nothing more.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will7272 View Post
The tech only swapped the screens after he took out my SD card, placed it in his computer, and the SD card locked up his computer. (At that point, he realized it wasn't the phone or the screen...it was the SD card.) He swapped the screen so I wouldn't have to buy another glove thingee. Nothing more.
What does a body glove have to do with the screen? Isn't that a case? Or do they make a screen protector also?
To be honest I just have a hard time believing that they did that, I didn't think that Sprint Repair Centers were able to do something like that. I thought at that point they just gave you a replacement and sent the other elsewhere to be fixed.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

He told me he did it because he knew the screen protector and back protector were expensive. Maybe they're good techs out there. Who knows. I know I have the same screen, same back cover, but the phone is running 2.1....not 2.2 and has hardware version 0003 instead of 0002 like I had before. I have the
ZAGG - InvisibleSHIELD for HTC EVO Mobile Phones - Clear

I bought mine from Best Buy.

Last edited by Will7272; 08-19-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
I also noticed that the phone that I have now is running stock 2.1 and not 2.2 as my last phone did.
I am wondering if he switched parts with an old phone he had in the store. All the new phones are coming with 2.2, best I know.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
He told me he did it because he knew the screen protector and back protector were expensive. Maybe they're good techs out there. Who knows. I know I have the same screen, same back cover, but the phone is running 2.1....not 2.2 and has hardware version 0003 instead of 0002 like I had before. I have the
ZAGG - InvisibleSHIELD for HTC EVO Mobile Phones - Clear

I bought mine from Best Buy.
Hmm, well that was petty nice of them.
Oh ok, you're talking about an invisible shield, that makes more sense.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
You know... the one thing I give the idiotic iPhone users credit for is that they don't whine and complain about every little spec of detail with their phones. Although, they don't really have much room too because Steve Jobs can essentially flip them the bird and they just keep coming back for more.

But man!! I never thought all the WinMo whiners would stick with whining even when they have a fantastic product in their hands.
Are you serious? Have you seen the countless Iphone owners that complain about the antenna, the prev gen Iphones locking up...they wine...you just don't see it as much because your over here..where everyone complains about something. I will complain about anything I want....It's esential to complain otherwise said phone will stay the way it is...if someone says something...this will be done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen the countless Iphone owners that complain about the antenna, the prev gen Iphones locking up...they wine...you just don't see it as much because your over here..where everyone complains about something. I will complain about anything I want....It's esential to complain otherwise said phone will stay the way it is...if someone says something...this will be done.
U shoulda jus disregarded his comment once u read where he said he "gives iPhone users credit ..." ...I think deep down he wants one

Sent from Canadian Jigsaw's barn cus he got all the Rush records.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
U shoulda jus disregarded his comment once u read where he said he "gives iPhone users credit ..." ...I think deep down he wants one

Sent from Canadian Jigsaw's barn cus he got all the Rush records.
Yeah, it's like coming out of the box...don't want to admit it but the truth shows. From what I have gathered....the Ivisibleshield installation may have damaged the screen. He mentioned he bought it at Best Buy...and those people are netorius for soaking phones with the solution instead of spraying just the protector. It may have damaged the screen and the Tech decided to replace it with the 003 version since he had one in stock. Thats what I gathered...atleast an assumption...one that could fit in this issue.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Yeah, it's like coming out of the box...don't want to admit it but the truth shows. From what I have gathered....the Ivisibleshield installation may have damaged the screen. He mentioned he bought it at Best Buy...and those people are netorius for soaking phones with the solution instead of spraying just the protector. It may have damaged the screen and the Tech decided to replace it with the 003 version since he had one in stock. Thats what I gathered...atleast an assumption...one that could fit in this issue.
When I picked my EVO up when it first came out there were a couple people having those installed by the Best Buy drones. They were spraying so much water on top of the screen I was close to jumping up and doing one of those big ass cannonballs and splashing everyone.

I didn't want to get everyone wet though
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G