PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272
Should I be happy or pissed?

I took my phone to the sprint store because I thought the screen was jacked up. My previous phone had a hardware version of 0002. Because I have one of those plastic body glove thingees on the front and back, the tech put my old screen on the new phone I received. The new phone has a hardware version of 0003.....so now I have the 0002 screen with the 0003 hardware version. Is this a good thing or a bad one?

On another note, all the problems I was having with my phones screen not coming back on when I hit the power button, everything force closing, etc. was a result of a defective SD card. If you're having similar problems, try taking out the SD card and see if it solves some of your problems.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Should I be happy or pissed?

You shouldnt be happy or mad...it wont matter. All the 0002 0003 talk is just that, talk. You'll see "my 0002 has this problem", then 5 others who have the same problem, and 5 others who dont. Or 5 others who have 003 with the same problem and 5 more who dont. It's a luck of the draw, because hardware can fail and hardware can succeed. IMO

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Reckless_Kelly is a n00b

The 0002 screen will not properly plug into the 0003 phone. The connectors are different because of the different screen manufacturers that HTC used.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c (busted)

PhatboyNYC is just getting started

^ If that's the case, how did Sprint manage to do that with op's phone?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

^furthermore, why would a Sprint repair center remove the new screen from a new phone to put an old screen into it, when the complaint was about the screen to begin with?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
^furthermore, why would a Sprint repair center remove the new screen from a new phone to put an old screen into it, when the complaint was about the screen to begin with?
Agreed^^

being a former sprint Tech & corporate accounts employee...I have a very very hard time believing thats wut they did.

but For the sake of this Thread lets say they did do it... i would be pissed cus instead of all that Unnecessary work and dismantling 2 devices they coulda jus gave me a dam replacement...but me personally, they could not hav told me thats wut they did cus i would not have jus taken it i woulda got a replacement

But OP, i think they told u a story..

Last edited by ddark4eva; 08-19-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless_Kelly View Post
The 0002 screen will not properly plug into the 0003 phone. The connectors are different because of the different screen manufacturers that HTC used.
Are you sure? because 002 have novatech screens and 003 have epson and novatech..
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

My 002 had nicer colors but my 003 has darker blacks and brighter whites. That being said I dont think its an version thing I think its a matter of where the phone was made and there screen settings. Just like a tv our screens have settings. Other then that it doesnt matter if you have an 002 or 003 anymore. It did before because of the FPS hack but now it works with both screens plus all that talk before was just first batch phones having issues it didnt matter if it was 002 or 003.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

You know... the one thing I give the idiotic iPhone users credit for is that they don't whine and complain about every little spec of detail with their phones. Although, they don't really have much room too because Steve Jobs can essentially flip them the bird and they just keep coming back for more.

But man!! I never thought all the WinMo whiners would stick with whining even when they have a fantastic product in their hands.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272

I know for a fact that it's my old screen on a newer phone. While checking, I also noticed that the phone that I have now is running stock 2.1 and not 2.2 as my last phone did. I think I'm happy now cause I'm going to root this thing instead of waiting for someone to root the OTA 2.2. The problem wasn't with the screen. The screen worked fine...until I turned it off. Hitting the power button did not turn the screen on and almost every program I ran on the phone force closed. Even HTC Sense force closed several times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G