PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: Droid X blockbuster app on EVO (or something similar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
I just downloaded the app from the xda link in this thread and it loaded on my evo with no problem. I havent tried downloading anymovies tho because I dont have an account nor am i paying $4 for someting that I could watch for free/cheaper.... Bring on the NETFLIX-oid lol

Edit 1: I almost want to pay just to see if it will work and how it looks tho
Edit 2: Just registered and created an account so far so good... interestingly enough at the top of the screen it says BB mobile Powered by SPRINT ???? I will take the dive and try to rent a video in a little bit (BTW I'm running the Freshh Rom)
Edit 2.5: Downloading a movie now with no problems so far. WiFi downloads only and its sloooow! *Speed improved on my home wifi started downloading at the gym
Ok so after it finally downloaded I hit play and..... LICENSE EXPIRED. I got a big fail! For some reason its saying that the license expired even tho I just finished downloading. I checked my newly created BB online account (from my laptop) and I couldn't find any evidence of the download.

I am not going to try it again 1. because they did still charge me. 2. Because at the end of the day it just isnt that convenient. If it streamed maybe, but as a download service I just dont see the point. Why pay for a $4 rental when I could just download it to my computer for FREE and transfer to my sd card and watch it as often and for as long as I'd like (albeit illegally lol). I'll just wait for Netflix, I'd rather pay monthly for an unlimited streaming video library (even if lower quality) than having to pay per movie, download to my sd and only have a limited viewing window. Even if the Netflix app isnt free I'd still prefer this option as long as its a reasonable price.

Feel free to give it a shot but imho its just not worth it, even if it did work correctly. But the money was worth it tho, now we know lol.

Uninstalling now...

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Yea the $4 price tag is a lot... An if thats just rental i rather just download an put on SD card... But maybe the netflix will be cheaper
Old 08-12-2010, 10:22 AM
MWSlim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
After purchasing a movie i had the same results as the above poster. This morning i woke up to $3000 in fraudulent charges on my debit card. Hopefully this was just a coincidence.
Attempt with caution

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SunnyGeek is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am already with Netflix so I will wait for them to come out with an app.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G