PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Worlds First RED HTC EVO

yikes
Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
XterierK

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
How about World First Black Paint HTC EVO ?
Mine was black ...

I don't understand why so much hate..? I just thought it would be cool.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by XterierK View Post
Mine was black ...

It's not that people are hating, it's just that you're trying to rip people off with a buy it now price of 800, an initial price of 450 (retail), and promotion to boost the actual auction, all for a painted battery door and outer trim. If that's not ripping people off, I don't know what is.

I could never understand the need to make a quick buck at others expense, which is why I was even more ed at the price the Google I/O EVOs were going for. I mean if one could afford to go to the Google I/O conference to begin with, one wouldn't think the person was in that much need of money that they would purposely try to rip people off by selling a phone for 400 dollars more than the retail price.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
XterierK

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
It's not that people are hating, it's just that you're trying to rip people off with a buy it now price of 800, an initial price of 450 (retail), and promotion to boost the actual auction, all for a painted battery door and outer trim. If that's not ripping people off, I don't know what is.

I could never understand the need to make a quick buck at others expense, which is why I was even more ed at the price the Google I/O EVOs were going for. I mean if one could afford to go to the Google I/O conference to begin with, one wouldn't think the person was in that much need of money that they would purposely try to rip people off by selling a phone for 400 dollars more than the retail price.
Ok, well I never would expect it to sell for that much, but who knows if the bidding got that high... I never said people were buying it for that much.. that would be insane. I'd be happy, but its not gonna happen...I'm mostly selling it for shits and giggles.

I'm atleast expecting to get what I paid for it..which was $500. If it sells for that I'm happy, and for more well.. more money to pay of college debts..:/
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Well, its actually more than the battery cover..
its also the frame around the cover, like the white evo.

And thats the buy it now price -_-

action started at 450..
Well if its like the white one what makes you think anyone is going to buy it for that price when they can go to best buy and get for 199? I do like the red though, nice job

Quote:
Wow that actually looks pretty cool lol
It does look kind of cool

Quote:

The google I/O thing I can understand since the phone wasn't officially released yet and something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If I had a goolge I/O phone and started the bidding at $.99 it would have still sold for quite a bit if I listed it early enough. Its all about supply and demand

Quote:
I'm atleast expecting to get what I paid for it..which was $500. If it sells for that I'm happy, and for more well.. more money to pay of college debts..:/
Are you serious? If you are so conserned about college debt then maybe you shouldn't have spent $500 on a phone in the first place.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Mine was black ...

I don't think anybody hates you. They just hate the price. But of course it's not realistic, so you shouldn't feel hated. lol .. NIce color too.

And you asked for opinion, here is what I think.

You should have painted the trim white to offset the look. It would look nicer.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 PM
XterierK

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post

Are you serious? If you are so conserned about college debt then maybe you shouldn't have spent $500 on a phone in the first place.
Well I was kidding about that... college id 40gs+

Btw, thank you for your positive feedback.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 -TO- HTC EVO 4G-TO-EVO 3D

yang704 is becoming a great contributor

I can easily spray paint mine into red.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
XterierK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
I don't think anybody hates you. They just hate the price. But of course it's not realistic, so you shouldn't feel hated. lol .. NIce color too.

And you asked for opinion, here is what I think.

You should have painted the trim white to offset the look. It would look nicer.
Thanks for that.

yeah, white would have been cool but I wanted it to match the inside of the evo.

Also going from black to white i thought would be a lot of coats, is your pretty thick?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
These people are just hating because they want ur red evo. Why 499 is not realistic?? Thats almost the price of the evo off contract.. who said people could just get it at meatbuy? Pleaseeee this red evo is a great option for those who have to pay full price. Good paint job but i think it does not look that good for me.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
lmao.. buckshot, so sensitive!!